Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Zotix posted:

Are we doing a GoT fantasy league this year like last year? If there's any interest I'll create one.

Dibs on the littlest Mormont.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I swear I've seen an interview where someone said there's an HBO executive who writes requests for tits into the scripts.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

drunken officeparty posted:

Last Deadwood update before this thread blows up on Sunday: season 3 good. Ending bad but season still better than 2. Couldn't not see Hearst as Raymond Tusk from House of Cards.

What HBO show do I do next

You watched Rome yet?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Silicon Valley is great, as is Veep. Either is worth your time.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I read the spoilers and then forgot them, which probably doesn't bode well for the season.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I can't wait to see how this show continues to gently caress up the best character (Jaime)

He'll spend all season passively watching Cersei gently caress things up, and then he'll get owned by Grey Worm or something.

He might die when he gets owned too because it sure looks like his book plot is headed toward an ending with Lady Stoneheart, therefore extraneous to the show, and they'll probably want to kill one of the big characters this season to make things more extreme. Then again, I don't remember him dying in the spoilers.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jul 17, 2017

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The intro map is a lot harder to follow as they added locations. Early on it was like King's Landing -> north to Winterfell -> north to the Wall, easy enough. But now it like spins from the Wall to look southeast toward Braavos and then runs west to Meereen and the back to north to hit Dorne or something. It's probably pretty hard to make sense of if you've only watched the show.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Is this garbage on at 10 or 11 EST (the One True Timezone)

9 EST

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Sansa in a wig all of a sudden?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

13Pandora13 posted:

I think I'm like two minutes ahead from fast forwarding the stupid commercial poo poo and yeah it's p okay so far.

Calling it now, this season is wars of women, because clearly none of the men have any idea what the gently caress they're doing anymore.

I mean Cersei, Dany and Sansa (because Jon is clearly going north again). Seems pretty certain.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Name-dropping Olenna too. Hopefully she gets a big role this season.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Euron coming back to King's Landing with a dragon?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Oh is Euron gonna Quentyn himself this season? Is that what all this is building to?

Oh yeah that makes more sense. There's a theory in the book that Euron's brother what'shisname with the fire hand is going to steal a dragon, but Euron getting Quentyn'd makes more sense.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Wow, they know a song other than the Rains of Castamere and the Bear and the Maiden Fair.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo Gilly's eternal infant grew up.

Gilly looks like she's in a bad wig too.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
^^^Stannis ditched it completely. I imagine anyone else who would occupy it was off fighting somewhere else.

Good episode. Euron improved a lot. Good to see Arya meet some normal people for once.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Dragonstone can't supply itself. It sucks except it's a cool castle. That's why Stannis was pissed that Robert gave Renly Storm's End and stuck him on Dragonstone.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I hope Howland Reed shows up in the show. What the gently caress is going on with him is one of the book mysteries I'm most interested in, and lord knows GRRM is never going to write any more loving books, so maybe the show can give an idea.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Adun posted:

No time skip.

Walder/Arya says two feasts in a fortnight and I assume the last feast was the one that Bronn/Jaime were at

drat, Euron sailed pretty quickly too.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bill Dungsroman posted:

As a not-book reader I am glad to be informed of this

In the books you get her inner monologue, and she's a goddamn maniac. Show Cersei is a completely different character.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Was this episode entirely devoid of book material? Was this the first time they didn't have a single bit of book stuff in an episode?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

lezard_valeth posted:

...remember Qarth?

Jorah didn't.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Barreft posted:

Found it:

Game Of Thrones season 7: Euron Greyjoy actor says he’ll make Ramsay Bolton ‘look like a little kid’
http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/19/game-of-thrones-season-7-euron-greyjoy-actor-says-hell-make-ramsay-bolton-look-like-a-little-kid-6719273/

He's greatly overestimating how much the audience cares about Yara.

Sansa is going to kill John and be The Best Queen Ever™ because the show has been all about pandering to girl power viewers for 5 seasons.

They're trying to feint toward Littlefinger talking her into going against Jon's orders once Jon leaves for the North and she's in charge. But instead, she's going to have Littlefinger killed.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Did Arya recognize any of those soldier boys? She seemed to be looking at the blackberry wine one a lot.

She was into him. She's getting a glimpse into a bit of the normality that she could have had if circumstances hadn't gone against her and also if she wasn't a revenge monster.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lycus posted:

Didn't Starz already do that several years ago?

Spartacus? Yeah it ruled.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

GaussianCopula posted:

Oh and while Jaime for some reason is concerned with feeding their army while in King's Landing, Dany can just land on a bleak island worth nothing and her presumably starving army is fine with that.

I mean, I'd assume they brought provisions.

GaussianCopula posted:

But don't you all love how woke the show is when they extended the draft in the North to females?

Jon learned it from the free folk. He's bringing their culture south in more ways than one.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Were y'all getting rapey vibes off that scene? I didn't get that at all

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Nah I think that other poster was right that their conversation about being homesick will spur her to go back to Winterfell. She won't kill them unless there's a scene where they realize she's a northerner and hold it against her.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sydin posted:

The reason I think she's going to murder them is because - as a goon mentioned several pages back - her story is very nicely paralleled with the Hound's right now. Clegane and Arya were accepted into that dude's house way back in season four and given hospitality, which Clegane then abused by robbing them and leaving them for dead, which at the time Arya heavily criticized him for. Meanwhile this episode she just murdered the entire Frey family and castigated them for violating the law of hospitality, and has now been accepted fireside and offered food/drink by the Lannister soldiers. Clegane showing remorse for his actions - to the point that he went out at night during a blizzard to bury the bodies and offer a prayer - shows how much his character has grown. Conversely if Arya kills these guys - and thus breaks breaks those same laws of hospitality she holds so sacred - it shows how far she's falling in her quest for revenge.

How's killing some random mooks part of her quest for revenge though?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sydin posted:

They're Lannister soldiers. I admit it's tenuous, but the show went out of its way to let us know via their outfits that she ran into Lannister men, not just some random bandits or northerners or something. Presumably it's significant.

I think they'd have to impede her from going after revenge for all that to hold. It doesn't seem likely because they didn't show any indication they wanted to stop her from going to King's Landing.

I don't think we'll see those dudes again.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Machine posted:

I think it was when she was on the lam in King's Landing but my memory is really hazy since I haven't revisited book/season 1 in over 6 years. I just remember that it happened and was a bit of a shocking out-of-character whoa-Arya-can-kill-things moment. I'm pretttty sure it was in the show.

He wanted to take her to the queen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvKJeaxRONk

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It'll be loving brutal if she does kill those guys though. Wife and kid, fishing with dad, sharing food when they didn't have enough.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The various magic horns in the books are stupid. That they aren't in the show indicates that they won't work in the books, and I'm glad.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

You know what we want to see, HBO, don't make us come out and say it.

Tits and dragons, they know, they know.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nail Rat posted:

the assassin who was using Tyrion's dagger for reasons I'm still not sure of

Edit: Oh no wait, I think it was Joffrey actually. Everyone suspects him but there's no hard proof at the end of a Storm of Swords.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jul 18, 2017

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yeah it'll probably end predictably with like Jon Snow riding a dragon that's breathing fire at the Night King while he shoots an ice ray back and it's a Harry Potter wand fight.

But it could be a lot worse. Maybe I've watched too many Preston Jacobs videos, but there do seem to be a lot of hints at circumstances being manipulated by the various gods. It would be loving terrible if there's some moment where Jon meets the Red God and gets a big exposition dump about how he and Dany and everyone else are just pawns.

I'm just fine with a big stupid obvious battle between good and evil.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Come on the ending will all be about Jon\Dany teaching the night's king to be human again or some poo poo like that, GRRM is a hippie and the entire conflict is set up so that every side has legitimate and just grievances.

The show hasn't really had the hints about the zombies having a legit grievance, and the show is the only ending we're getting.

Note too, that is ALSO a Matrix ending that everyone hated where Neo sacrifices himself to make peace with the machines, who had legit reasons for doing what they did.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jul 19, 2017

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Professor Shark posted:

At this point I'm looking forward to the spin off/s, the first of which will certainly be the Dunk and Egg Adventures, because it would be a return to No Magic and it sounds like no one involved in this series will be working on it

They have five potential spinoffs in the works, and none of them are Dunk and Egg.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm sure nothing could possibly go wrong with this.

http://www.thewrap.com/game-of-thrones-showrunners-confederate/

‘Game of Thrones’ Showrunners Reveal Next HBO Project: ‘Confederate’

Series takes place in an alternate reality where slavery has continued into the modern era

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

R-Type posted:

I am in fact masturbating right now.

Yeah there's no way this show doesn't get latched on to by the neo-Confederates.

quote:

The story takes place during what’s called the Third American Civil War and follows a group of characters on both sides of the Mason-Dixon line, now a demilitarized zone. The groups the characters belong to are vast and include freedom fighters, slave hunters, politicians, abolitionists, journalists and others. One specific group are the executives of a slave-holding conglomerate and the families they control.

Not seeing slaves mentioned as any of the characters either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

grack posted:

"AryaOlly Murders EVERYBODY (except The Hound)"

• Locked thread