Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
https://youtu.be/kVFjaOyAWd4

I don't care if someone already posted this, my original jokes must be heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

bbf2 posted:

Okay, hot take alert incoming.

Am I the only one who's kind of sick of the show version of Bronn?

Bronn has been with us since season 1, and in terms of characters with the most screentime and lines he's probably somewhere in the 14th-18th range.

And yet, somehow throughout all of that, he has mostly only ever displayed ONE personality trait: being sardonic.

No matter whatever else is happening around him, ShowBronn is always aloof, always sarcastic and mocking, always making wisecracks.

In mortal peril? He's aloof and sarcastic, and making wisecracks. Receiving honors, rewards, and promotions that he could never have expected to receive in his entire lifetime? He's aloof and sarcastic, and makeing wisecracks. Being seduced by a beautiful woman and then finding out she's tricked you and has actually poisoned you? He's aloof and sarcastic, and making wisecracks. Fighting a dragon in the face of certain death? He's aloof and sarcastic, and making wisecracks. Reuiniting with a friend you haven't seen in years? He's aloof and sarcastic, and making wisecracks.

Is Bronn ever happy? Sad? Contemplative? Solemn? We've seen pretty much every other character in the top 20 or so of screentime go through a gamut of emotions. We've seen them at their worst, at their best, etc. But throughout it all Bronn is always just dismissive and sarcastic no matter what the gently caress else is going on around him or what's happening to him.

The closest examples I can think of of Bronn showing any other emotion at all are A) the brief minute in season 2 during the Blackwater where he saves Sandor's life with an arrow. For those few seconds, he seems quiet and solemn, and B) during this most recent episode when he tells Tyrion that "I missed you as well," which seemed to indicate some sort of attachment/emotion for about two seconds before he was back to his sarcastic and aloof self and taking Podrick out for drinks.

The fact that D&D have given him magic plot armor because they don't want to deprive the audience of his quips and wisecracks certainly doesn't help things at all either.

So... you're saying... Bronn is a Goon? Bronn is the mirror to which we aspire to be, I suppose. He sounds like half the posters here, any any rate. ;)

Professor Shark posted:

I'm glad they put Aidan Gillen out of his misery, that entire scene was definitely a bullet point on the napkin

Book Littlefinger has more interesting plans and motivations and I'm confident his death by Sansa will be much better

It'll be by Lady Coldheart, probably. Maybe. I don't know. The book would have to actually come out first to know.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Who is this "Kelly C?" I'm not getting the joke.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Say it out aloud.

:aaaaa:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I wondered what you guys were kvetching about GURM's writing style (I'm on the second book, chewing threw them) and I came across this topic:

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1k6s3j/spoilers_all_on_fat_pink_masts_or_why_a_certain/

Some point of view characters are just "worse" than others, I guess, and are harder to identify with for one reason or another.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Harton posted:

Potato tomato I guess, that book was garbage.

The characters weren't impressive at all and there was no motivation to care about anything that was going on, in my opinion. What about it did you enjoy so much? GOT had interesting characters right off the bat and got me invested and interested.

Just seemed like Steven king was going from weird idea to weird idea with no sense of a bigger picture.

It takes time to fall into place, I didn't read the books till they were all out, I obviously went into reading with a specific frame of reference and expectation.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Super Deuce posted:

Filming multiple endings to avoid people spoiling is the dumbest poo poo ever because nobody in history has ever not watched something because they heard what the ending is.

Babbys who care about spoilers have.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

TOOT BOOT posted:

Maybe the mark has something to do with Bran being the Night's King. I know the actor says the theory is bullshit but they've changed the NK's face to look markedly more similar to Bran lately.

The Night's King is probably just an ancient Stark. They have very strong genetics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Bran is weird, and his actor is doing a good job of it.

• Locked thread