Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I'm still disappointed they called off Bronn's marriage to The Nicest Woman in Westeros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
That trailer is fine work

Edit: The music reminds me of Koyaanisqatsi a little

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Same.

I am ready for met-expectations!

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Yara probably followed established sea routes like a chump.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

He never mentions it to anyone for uhhhh some reason I suppose

Tracking it all down would be a lot of work. Better to pretend it doesn't exist.

And now that one cache blew up the Sept, better to pretend he didn't know.

I really hope a dragon sets King's Landing on fire then the whole thing explodes.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Vegetable posted:

Why don't they fling a bunch of greyskin patients into the white walkers and wait for them to infect each other

Do you like wights with plague damage? Because this is how you get wights with plague damage.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Also, he's the bad guy. He killed the good guy. The good guy hosed it up.

This is why the White Walkers deserve to win.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Brann's a full-time psychic. It's not a 9-to-5 affair.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
The best possible ending would be the White Walkers killing everyone, followed by D&D personally appearing to spend a few minutes to talk about global warming

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Bad tactics but this is now big budget b-grade schlock so who cares

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How the gently caress are they going to fit all of the rest of the leaked info into just 3 episodes? Yes I know the answer is "poorly" but think about it, next episode we need to see Jon plead his case to Cersei and then the very next episode he's ranging beyond the wall with the A-team when the Night King gets his Blue Eyes Wright Dragon. How is this going to work?

I want their expedition to immediately find White Walkers because holy poo poo they're just past the treeline or something

From the full list, we still have:
- Jon realizes he needs proof, resolves to capture a live wight for show and tell
- Gendry returns at last, joins the wight hunting party
- Sam cures Jorah's greyscale with his maester powers and they go North together
- Reunions throughout the season: Jorah + Dany, Sam + Bran, Jamie + Tyrion + Bronn
- The wight hunting party grows to includes Jorah, Tormund, Beric, Thoros, and the Hound. They run into trouble beyond the Wall and most are ultimately saved by Dany and her dragons
- Viserion (the white dragon) dies and the Night's King raises him as a blue eyes wight dragon
- Littlefinger tries to turn Sansa against her family, is sentenced to death and executed by Arya
- In King's Landing, Jon, Dany and their allies show a live wight to Cersei to win her aid as well. Cersei agrees to help but secretly plots to allow the White Walkers to kill her enemies first
- Sam and Bran figure out Jon's heritage
- Jon and Dany gently caress
- The Wall falls

If Sam, Jorah and Danny arrive in Dragonstone at roughly the same time and they immediately set out to capture a white walker, it could fit.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

i81icu812 posted:

detailed episode summaries are out

Nice!

Sydin posted:

The only excuse I could think of that would work is that it's ~destiny~ and that, like Bran, the NK has the same powers of past/future sight and knew a dragon was going to fall into his lap. It still comes off as pretty lazy writing, but at least it's a somewhat justified explanation.

Between Bran's mark and their hundreds of thousand of wights, they could just climb the wall.

It's 300 miles long.

With 200,000 wights, at each mile, you could have a group of ~700.

With 800,000 wights, at each mile, you could have a group of ~2,500.

If the NK has at least 300 White Walkers, which it looks like he does, he could secure the wall and make it his.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

HannibalBarca posted:

I still think that Littlefinger getting offed by Sansa/on Sansa's orders makes sense to conclude his character arc but holy poo poo if this isn't as lame an ending as it gets. Him tooling around and being utterly ineffectual for a season and a half and then getting killed as a result of some low-stakes plotting in the middle of nowhere is pretty pathetic.

He should really have blackmail and Dead Man's Switches, too.

It'd be much better if Sansa roped some LF-allies into this, too, with shocking poo poo (and proof) that she couldn't possibly know of or have without Yuri on her side.

LF dies looking like he could've had a career at the FSB if it weren't the meddling psychic

It implies he was staying busy and in the North for a reason other than his creepy stalker poo poo

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I endorse the following teams:
  • Team White Wakler
  • Team Euron

White Walkers = Global Warming
Westeros = Earth

Euron and the Iron Islands = Rich people fleeing to New Zealand

Everyone else should die.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Bronn's the best. He better come out okay.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Rhaegar and Lyanna actually taking the time to register their secret marriage with the citadel is quite possibly the dumbest thing this show has ever done.

Why? Dude divorced and remarried. Probably the same priest/bureaucrat doing both.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
And that's the kind of history you sit on until it's no longer liable to get you killed and your college burnt down

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
You'd think after that much incest, they'd be spitting out clones

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
This episode was really nostalgic for me. The video was janky and the writing was dumb as poo poo but I was still entertained because dragons. Really reminded me of watching torrented f-grade action/adventure shows when I was a kid.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Teron D Amun posted:

maybe I'm giving the fat man and showrunners too much credit here but it might have been planned by the NK all along because he is the worlds best warg/greenseer

I think GoT and Twin Peaks have a similar thing going on here. There's factions that can see through time, so their schemes and strategies involve timeline fuckery.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

esperterra posted:

Also re: Jorah and the friendzone, I really do think how handsome he is on the show changes the dynamic. His well meaning love, bordering on obsession takes a different tone when he's this hulking, hairy bear of a man and the age gap is much wider.

But in the show, he's just dashing to a fault.

He's so handsome that I trust him implicitly:

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I've been in the, "Attacking King's Landing will blow it up," camp for ages so BELIEVE.

It's stupid Jaimie never had the wildfire dealt with, though. What a lazy poo poo.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Also, I'm very worried about what these leaks mean for Bronn.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Abner Assington posted:

Why would there ever need to be another Night King?

I'm thinking...

The Children created White Walkers.

The White Walkers revolted.

The Children created a Commander.

The White Walkers infected the Commander with their revolutionary zeal.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

hitchensgoespop posted:

Yeah i hope your right, and i kinda suspect they are fake.

For me though this season has really underlined how tricky it will be for GRRM to realistically finish the books, the teleporting, plot armour, forced reunions all show that wrapping this up is gonna be a bitch, and im more pessimistic than ever that the books will ever be finished.

Didnt he say that he wants his notes burnt if he dies, which if that is true is the biggest oval office move someone in that position could make.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's just embarrassed

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Constant posted:

I just cant see euron being the final boss of the series

is there anyone thats even emotionally invested in him? the dude has had like 7 minutes of screentime

Why does it have to build up to anything?

I'm just a show-watcher but Game of Thrones mostly seems like a bunch of people fighting, killing and dying as they move from one poo poo situation to the next. Things 'stop' more than 'end'

We're accustom to narratives where the introduction of disequilibrium obligates characters to action and the action restores equilibrium. This doesn't seem like it's ever been that.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

RCarr posted:

Relax dude, Jesus Christ. Normal people don't sperg the gently caress out over minor details from 6 years ago.

Craftsmanship built GoT's reputation. Now that there's no craftsmanship at all, it's only natural the kind of viewers it has will notice and complain.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Killing Sean Bean and having really good costumes and sets built GoTs reputation. Also a wise cracking small person and a hot naked babe with dragons.

I'd consider the handling of plot points part of that craftsmanship.

If D&D wrote Ned's death themselves, it would've been hacky and no one would have cared.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
My memory sucks

Did Arya's monologues start after her 'let's play the lying game' poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Why didn't they have archers with obsidian arrowheads?

This show sucks

• Locked thread