Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

:nws:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52FlamAYap052FlamAYap0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

Solice Kirsk posted:

Berry Dondarry is a Westerosi treasure and you bastards shouldn't be making fun of him for swinging around his flaming man-splitter.

Apparently, his new sword is Stannis' sword ("Lightbringer").
The fact that Stannis' sword was/is Lightbringer is disputed.

Either way, I'd like to see Lady Stoneheart, so gently caress Berric.

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

Ragnarok the Red posted:

She'll just give them Dorne, now that the 8 or so people that apparently lived there are dead it'll need new settlers.

Dorne seems the closest to their homeland. We don't know what exactly happened with the Dornish armies, though.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

What even happened to Storm's End

Was Storm's End even shown on the show? Renly held it but the last we saw of him was having Brienne knock Loras into the dirt.

Bloops Crusts posted:

Where does this episode rank on the pantheon of greatest episodes

Top 10 or Top 5
[quote="lezard_valeth" post="475108725"]
Top 5 probably.

5 - Winds of Winter - Cause of plots moving, R+L and sept fireworks
4 - This - Cause dragons
3 - Rains of Castamere - Cause holy poo poo
2 - Hardhome - Cause cool zombie poo poo
1 - Baelor - Cause it was the turning point where people went "holy poo poo, I should go buy the books"

Guess it worked. I bought the books for that very reason.

I really hate some of the characters on the show. It goes to show you how good of an actor/actress they are.
Joffrey was universally hated. Cersei in real life gets called a bitch and takes it as a compliment. The characters you love usually end up dying...

I still hold hope for Lady Stoneheart and some other book-only characters.

Really enjoyed this episode. Tyrion seemed kind of split when the Dothraki guy said to him his people sucked.

Valar Morghulis fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Aug 7, 2017

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

I miss Olenna. I wonder what quips she'd make during the Cersei and Dany meeting?
Also, the casting choice for Rhaegar was actually quite good - looking similar to Viserys. I was hoping they'd tell Jon - but naturally, it's put off until next season.

What I don't understand is how the magic of the wall seemingly was completely forgotten. Why bother having Benjen mention it if no magic is happening? There must be some remnant of magic in the ice that was destroyed, right?

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

precision posted:

hold the front door, are there really two people named Aegon Targaryen in the show or is that a holdover from the books

i mean isn't it possible that Jon is the only Aegon in the show?

Only 1 is alive.
There is another "Aegon" from the books - knows as Young Griff, son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Elia Martell. He's with the Golden Company. So it depends on if the show wants to include him in that story arc.

• Locked thread