Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

fbsw posted:

dany will die from a venereal disease

She did just have Sand in her vagina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just gonna point out again that Cersei said "elephants" and the unconfirmed leaks say that elephants are gonna step on people. A lot of those spoilers are gonna turn out to be real.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

GaussianCopula posted:

He never said that line to Sansa though. If I were Littlefinger I would have gone to Royce and told him "let's go we are finished here" right that second - Sansa didn't listen to him anymore and Jon certainly did not, why stay there?

He wanted to climb Mt. Sansa.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Certainly explains why all their kids are idiots.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bronn is one of those weird characters where I think his plot ended in the books and now the show is catching up to that. He'll end the show with his castle and a son named Tyrion.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Edd's gonna die next season when the army of the dead make a sweeping attack from the rear on Castle Black.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hey idiots. I found it. The perfect mix of pathos and humor. Something that transcends genre. Truly the parody we all deserve:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=366_NM97ovo

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Maybe they cut down every tree, screwing them over in the long run but giving them a huge fleet in the short term.

Woodlands are fleeting, but fleets are.....wait,

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The best possible outcome would be Winds of Winter coming out next year before the final season airs, but it's not an entire book and ends on another "Meanwhile, back at the wall...." type thing.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Children really are the worst. Losing a fight to humans so they create undead ice monsters, lose control of the ice monsters, then turn to humans to help stop the ice monsters. loving assholes.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

lezard_valeth posted:

False prophet!?!?!?!?

The machinations he has carefully laid from season 2 on are finally about to come to fruition. All that's left is for the Walkers to march south and taste his browned butter meat pies and he will have the only existing bakery catering to the dead in this new dead world.

One More Hot Pie.
OnMore OtPie.
Azor Ahai.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

lifts cats over head posted:

The Iron Bank may not be able/willing to afford them since the FM charge based off of what the buyer is willing to sacrifice/pay.

I'm sure the FM give them a rate so that they can get an extra .25 off their fixed rate mortgages.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

precision posted:

I can't think of any other piece of media that so many goons insist "is" good as some kind of objective truth like they do with GRRM's books. It's a weird hill to die on. In most threads, when people say "I don't like thing", everyone knows that's a personal preference. Any time someone says "The books are bad" there's a mad rush to post "actually, they're good". It's bizarre.

Try saying that Steven Universe is a stupid kids show with no more depth to it than old episodes of He-Man. You'll see a similar rush.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Krinkle posted:

Not having seen any episode, I saw a youtube clip where the main steven universe sings a song about how he wishes his surrogate mom was 30 feet tall for horny purposes. That's some depth, I am baffled by it, I don't agree with it, but goddamn that's a lot going on there.

What episode did orko sing about how he wishes the sorceress was inflated so he could nut?

I think in the one where Skeletor's plan backfires.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

emanresu tnuocca posted:

The books have no Night King and extrapolating from the show is impossible.

In the show he either had no plan or otherwise you can assume he was somehow controlling the entire situation and always knew Dany would bring a dragon up north.

Maybe they could have chosen basically anywhere besides the 3 parts of the wall that have a fort to break through and not alerted the entire North that they had an undead ice dragon.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bloops Crusts posted:

Stupid leaning towards true, or stupid leaning towards bogus?

Anything stupid involving this show is now assumed to be true until proven wrong.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I called the Gendry/Sansa thing as soon as they said Gendry was coming back. I'm hoping that part is real because that paired with my guess that the Night King would kill a dragon with a stupid ice spear makes me 2 for 147 on my "Stupid loving Half Joke Guesses About Really Stupid Things The Show Will Do, But Shouldn't Because They Are Really Stupid Guesses" guess list The only other one I think may work out was that Arya and Sansa are going to have real conflict over the Gendry thing.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

These Throne Games have become....bone lames.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Peter Dinklage actually just inadvertently confirmed a few of the leaks in a quick interview with TMZ.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tenzarin posted:

In 5 years, everyone will happily accept that GOT has bad storytelling.

Tomorrow is today bitch. I'm convinced the only reason GoT got greenlit in the first place was because some Hollywood big shot wanted to gently caress his sister or cousin. Make it mainstream then ask at the next family gathering. Probably worked too.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

No one thought it was cool. No one likes Arya. Not even her actress. She's been critical of the writing since the stupid stabbing chase through the streets. Why else would she play the character so flat.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

The waif is an extremely badass name btw

Not as cool as everyone immediately knowing the Night King is the Night King and referring to him as such. Could have thrown a "he's the Night King from the tales" or something, but nah, everyone just immediately knows the Night King and what/who he is with 0 mention of him before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nope, because Davos and Jon burn her before Dany dies.

• Locked thread