Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com
I watch this show cuz everybody who works on it outside the writers room is really good at what they do and it makes for entertaining tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

Rodyle posted:

oh right there were leaks THAT'S why there's a spoiler thread after the books have been made obsolete

A lot of people in the other thread are big blubbery babies if you mention this show is based on some books, so this thread is for book readers to discuss the show without giving anyone a conniption over there. Some people itt avoid the show spoilers still

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

lezard_valeth posted:

Did they ever pronounce R'hllor's name in the show or has it always been called The Lord of Light? I just realised that I want to hear how you pronounce a stupid name like R'hllor

you shouldnt have trouble pronouncing that word its very simple

and yes theyve said it on the show

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

I will never understand where this goon line that books 4&5 are garbage came from, they're great books just like the first three :shrug:

The show is where the massive drop off after 3 happens

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Sep 13, 2017

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

you probably don't read much.

I don't read much fantasy, you're right there. Long metro rides to work have me chewing through a book a week though, rear end in a top hat.

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

GaussianCopula posted:

It's based on the champions in the Hedge Knight, which are in order a Baratheon, Tyrell, Lannister, Hardyng, Targerayan.

I think it's pretty stupid because Joffrey is actually a Lannister and Sansa was never betrothed to a Tyrell.

A marriage to the crippled Tyrell brother back at Highgarden was proposed for her, so Tyrell fits the theory just as well as Hardyng does.

Not that that's saying much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

GaussianCopula posted:

Littlefinger has a marriage contract for the Hardyng marriage, the Tyrell one never got further than "let's visit my parents, maybe you and my brother could marry".

That's what happened in the show. It was more of a set thing in the books

• Locked thread