Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Gigas, Eliza and Katarina buffs are nice. Nothing about the crashes is concerning, me and a buddy played for a couple hours last night and he crashed at the rematch screen 4 times. Harada says this is only a chunk of the planned changes and the rest should(?) trickle in later
https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/1252548978022858754?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I'll accept my apology now, ppl who were arguing that the hellsweep buff wasn't stupid as hell when the patch first dropped

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

darealkooky posted:

I'll accept my apology now, ppl who were arguing that the hellsweep buff wasn't stupid as hell when the patch first dropped

I'm pretty sure it was only one person

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

darealkooky posted:

Seltzer posted:

I'm pretty sure it was only one person
Unfortunately TMM doesn't post here.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Or does he? Masku.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

No no, TMM thought the hellsweep changes were really dumb. Then he swore off Kazuya in favor of Fak because of them, then was never seen playing Fak again and every video since he's been playing Kazuya.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I do agree with his idea that they were bringing hellsweep into parity with the other homing unseeable launchers in the game, but it's still a dumb change. Those moves are also dumb.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Faffel posted:

I do agree with his idea that they were bringing hellsweep into parity with the other homing unseeable launchers in the game, but it's still a dumb change. Those moves are also dumb.

Yea they don't belong. I was annoyed at fakhs sweep and his sweep isn't even a launcher. Aside from that and his throw I think he's great design

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Faffel posted:

He was wrong about that though, different hellsweeps have different pros and cons.

Leos high crushes slower than Mishimas and has poo poo for range

Bobs has poor tracking but great range

Leroys has great tracking but doesn't high crush at all

Fahkumram and Julias have to start from crouching.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

TMM has no idea what he's talking about.
In other news, bears still poo poo in the woods.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

A 50th character placeholder was added to the Bamco Tekken page's roster. If they had to add more characters I just adding 1 to make the roster an even 50 would be nice.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
it's Tifa

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Spuckuk posted:

He was wrong about that though, different hellsweeps have different pros and cons.

Leos high crushes slower than Mishimas and has poo poo for range

Bobs has poor tracking but great range

Leroys has great tracking but doesn't high crush at all

Fahkumram and Julias have to start from crouching.

Hellsweeps don't actually high crush, and Bob and Kaz hellsweeps appear to have basically equivalent range. Bob's also has something actually approaching a high crush quality, even though it doesn't actually high crush. But it's also an actual real hellsweep, so it shouldn't really track. That still makes it a bit of an outlier, even if it *shouldn't* track in any case. Fak also has a standing 50/50 string that has a hellsweep.

If they didn't want these kinds of goofy lows tracking, they wouldn't have tried to patch it into hellsweeps without any consultation or questioning whatsoever. It's so blatantly stupid that it's clearly just something they feel should be in the game without good (publicly available) reasoning behind it.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 22, 2020

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

leo's is a (somewhat slow to start up) high crush and it tracks. it has a bunch of flaws like awful range, not knocking down unless you input the second hit that cant be delayed at all, being slower for the attack to come out, and you can't really get any momentum off it if you aren't at the wall

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

darealkooky posted:

leo's is a (somewhat slow to start up) high crush and it tracks. it has a bunch of flaws like awful range, not knocking down unless you input the second hit that cant be delayed at all, being slower for the attack to come out, and you can't really get any momentum off it if you aren't at the wall

And Leo is not a season 3 approved character. The hellsweep change is still so egregious because it made absolutely no sense to any tier of play.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

:pray: we can only hope

Actually, if they based it off of her ff7r toolkit she'd probably be a really fun character

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Kunimitsu please. Also you can do fakhs sweep from standing

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i dont really want more characters that this point tbh but whatever. more stages though....

also the eliza buffs are cool. still just want d3 fixed more than anything but i'll take anything without complaint. b1,2 never should've lost its tracking so i'm particularly glad that's back

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's Goku. Goku is finally getting into Smash Tekken.

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator

sharrrk posted:

i dont really want more characters that this point tbh but whatever. more stages though....

also the eliza buffs are cool. still just want d3 fixed more than anything but i'll take anything without complaint. b1,2 never should've lost its tracking so i'm particularly glad that's back

Their ability to buff everything but the actual problems the characters have is honestly incredible. Eliza is still bad but now she's just more annoying to play against

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm surprised that Lei's SNA 4 didn't get yet another +2 damage buff ,like it did last 3 patches.

SNA 4 being one of his most useless moves, a 12 or something damage low that's punishable on hit.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Man, Zafina is really fun to play but it's hard to wrap my head around all her options. It feels like she legitimately has a tool for every situation... except for while rising moves where she has an 11f and a 15f option.

At least her semi just frame move is easy enough though.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

efb

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Learning a new character is really frustrating when you've reached a fluid and competent level with a main. Sometimes I just wanna bail and be in complete control of what I'm doing with Eddy instead of dropping launches, missing punishes, hitting the wrong moves etc.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Yeah that's pretty fighting games.txt, I've always felt the same way. I'm usually in awe of people who have like 10 chars they play well and can switch between them at a drop of a hat, I can remember combos for approximately 1.5 characters and after that I'm out.

Maybe this has something to do with those 'fundamentals' that I always hear about.....

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I can reliably remember combos for 3 characters max, my brain had to squeeze out any Lili knowledge to fit in Josie months ago so my internal head storage is at capacity with Marduk, Anna and Josie right now.
Speaking of Marduk, I have always heard people say they hate him and hate fighting him and I've never understood why until I ran into one last night while playing Anna. It all makes sense now why people don't rematch me, even with suboptimal combos and not throwing enough this dude was stressful to fight.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Yea Marduk has some bits of unfun design. Getting tackled doesnt feel good. I actually stopped playing marduk because I felt lame being the one doing the tackling. It just felt like when the opponent wasn't in my face the fight was more of me threatening tackle setups instead of an actual fight which I didn't like. Another factor is that on top of being annoying the tackle has a unique break sequence that a lot of people do not understand. That being said I still think hes cool overall and not a "problem" per se. King is a much shittier and more annoying design and has gimmicks peppered in with his stupid throw game. I dont know how you'd balance the tackle to be good but less unfun to play against. I think a bigger break window on the first bit would be a huge step because people get frustrated by seeing the tackle, attempting the break, and still getting hit because of how tight that can be. That might make the tackle poo poo though.

Oh also his RD does stupid damage. Him and Paul are basically the only people that can get their rear end whipped all game and then take 80% of your health in two hits which doesn't make people happy.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Apr 28, 2020

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

speaking of characters who probably need tweaks, what's the solution to avoiding getting hit by invisible hits shooting out of fakhumrams rear end while he attacks forward? Just lost a game because multiple rounds involved me stepping his nonsense strings and then as I go to attack his back I get tagged as he kicks forward somehow.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I thought if anything that was what was going to be addressed with 3.31, I haven't experienced it personally because I somehow never run into the problem characters (didn't fight too many peak brokenness Leroy, haven't fought many Faks) but I see videos all day every day of people getting clipped by Fak because they step and try to punish and their punishment extends their hurtbox into his hitbox that is in front of him.

Also yeah Marduk's RD is very scary to be on the recieving end of it. It went from something I'd throw out to steal a round to something I was constantly aware he was about to do and made me sweat. This dude just kept doing the low sweep into mount though and never mixed in the mid option after blocking the RD so I just started going into CJM for a free combo to end the round on him.

quick edit: I don't think Fak is much of a problem character, he's rad as hell and doesn't seem to be broken outside of some hit/hurtbox issues which are actually broken and not just a gamer word for too strong

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I've been having fun playing TT2 as a "chill" alternative to t7. The xbox matchmaking is actually decent because it was free some months back. My only problem is now I've been playing it enough to the point where I kinda wanna learn tag crashes and real tt2 combos but i feel like that will gently caress up my muscle memory when playing 7. Also the Miharu camera item throw might be the most rage inducing "gimmicks" that is useful.

If you haven't seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj8yiQZFb6c
It functions the same as a command throw and does the same amount of damage lol (its an item move but doesnt have item move downsides). I've been having fun with it.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 02:39 on May 3, 2020

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
That is the most amazing thing I've ever seen

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I have a question about the blue ranks here; I’m thinking of getting back into T7 after a break and I’ve dabbed in rank a little bit. Do recall fighting a 1k win King who was somehow even worse than me, figured he just liked having fun in Tekken.

I am still a neophyte to Tekken but how long is a new player expected to be in blue ranks on average? That 1k win King has me thinking and there are players like LTG who has 200 wins, been playing semi-regularly for years, but has been bouncing in and below blue ranks and I don’t know if this is the norm or just an anomaly

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I played on and off casually for a year and never cleared blue other than poking into green once in a while when I was on on a hot streak. I'm sure some people have played and cleared blue from not knowing how to play the game in two weeks. I don't think there's an answer to that question.

I've heard that there's been some rank inflation since the game came out but I don't know exactly to what extent.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i suck rear end at Tekken but got to orange names by learning two combos and blocking. just give up on caring about your rank ASAP and try to have fun, it will delay how long it will take you to hate playing ranked (which is an inevitability)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Seltzer posted:

If you haven't seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj8yiQZFb6c
It functions the same as a command throw and does the same amount of damage lol (its an item move but doesnt have item move downsides). I've been having fun with it.

lol that rules

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i got to fujin the other night which made me feel cool even tho it doesnt really mean anything. im still garbage at throw breaks

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

MechaX posted:

I have a question about the blue ranks here; I’m thinking of getting back into T7 after a break and I’ve dabbed in rank a little bit. Do recall fighting a 1k win King who was somehow even worse than me, figured he just liked having fun in Tekken.

I am still a neophyte to Tekken but how long is a new player expected to be in blue ranks on average? That 1k win King has me thinking and there are players like LTG who has 200 wins, been playing semi-regularly for years, but has been bouncing in and below blue ranks and I don’t know if this is the norm or just an anomaly

LTG is absolute poo poo at the game and is too busy being a garbage human to ever improve.

If you have a decent understanding of other fighting games and watch a few vids you could get out into greens in under 20 games at this poibt

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

In game footage of a KO with it lol

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

TTT2 rules a lot it also has the best BGM any fighting game has ever had

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4QS2uRwaVY

e: T7 created the second-best one tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG9_2GrRaCM

Ailumao fucked around with this message at 04:47 on May 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Magna Kaser posted:

TTT2 rules a lot it also has the best BGM any fighting game has ever had

Yea TT2 has great music, its one of my biggest gripes with tekken 7. The soundtrack is awful and why is the main menu music in s3 so intense, it was a lot better in season 2. I've only played t7 tt2 an t6 now (last two free on xbox) but this is my favorite stage track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1MxTxKxAQo