Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

So a few questions peripherally related to Egypt, hopefully someone here can help.

On July 30, my girlfriend and I have a 12.5 hour layover in Cairo. We're flying from JFK in NYC and our destination is Asmara, Eritrea. We're doing Egyptair for both legs of the trip. I've been told that we could get day visas for just going around the city for a few hours... how difficult are they to get? I'm an American citizen and my girlfriend is Guatemalan; is it the sort of situation where I would be able to get one of those but she wouldn't?

I've been told that Karnak ( http://karnak.egyptair.com/ ) is a good tourist service to look into because it's affiliated with Egyptair. Does anyone have any experience with it? Looking into the site itself they seem to have short tours out to the pyramids and Citadel and stuff like that, but it also seems like the Captcha forms on their site don't work so it's impossible to submit anything, which does not fill me with confidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread