Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

GamesAreSupernice posted:

I definitely would not call Banjo Kazooie's locations world, but they are more like worlds than Mario's, that's for sure. I'd prefer straight platforming challenges with minimal atmosphere (Mario 64) to tons of atmosphere and minimal challenge(BK), but it seems dishonest to say one concept is objectively better than the other. I still defend Mario 64's superior movement controls.

if you gave me the choice, I'd easily take Banjo's movement over Mario's. Mario moves like a tank sometimes (especially while jumping), and while I don't like the flying in either game, it's easily 10x worse in Mario 64. as far as speed, there are few times when I'm not using the talon trot in Banjo, and that gets you going at a decent click, if still maybe not quite as fast as Mario, but then, this game isn't about platforming challenges, for the most part, so the speed is less important there.

the challenge ramps up in the second game for sure (though some of that is not necessarily from straight-up difficulty, but I don't want to get into it while we're still in the first game).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I didn't like the fact that the honeycomb piece was hidden in pounding Gobi a second time, because I had already gotten the notes from over there and he's usually one of the last jiggies I do since he's back by the beginning, so the first 2-3 times I played the game I never found it. not that it's really important since the last six honeycombs don't matter anyway

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

I don't hate any of the levels in the first game, but Rusty Bucket Bay is probably my least favourite. it's just kind of annoying to get around and there's always one or two jiggies I forget about and can't remember how to get.

music is dope though

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

I'm confused by including Rusty Bucket Bay and Clanker's Cavern. I feel like those aesthetics are really similar.

Clanker's Cavern is the true water level. you're never really supposed to be in the water that much in Rusty Bucket Bay, since it's polluted and drains your air just by being in it. it's a shipyard, whereas Clanker's Cavern is, well, a cavern. there's water in both of them, but RBB is a tad more industrial in some ways and has a greater emphasis on the ship stuff. the only ship in CC is Clanker and he's not actually much of a ship, especially on the inside, and you interact with him in different ways

• Locked thread