Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peg Sliderskew
This is great moneysaving news! Sell your chest freezer and put all your frozen foods in the basement. You might find they are still rotting overnight or that some kind of large rodent (a squirrel maybe? I don't know rodents) has bitten chunks out of them but the savings should make the slight inconvenience worthwhile. Ignore any shrieking sounds you hear- sometimes frozen chickens come back to life briefly in this scenario (no clue why, I assume it's all the steroids) but only for an hour or two.

Courtesy of Manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peg Sliderskew

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

I've never owned a home before -- totally running before I walk here -- but how often should it rain in the attic? I know it's all moisture from the basement and mountain air and stuff. I'm totally aware that keeping up a house is real work. But are we talking like once a month? Every other month? I need to make a plan, because all that rain can't be good for the porcelain dolls I found up there.

I tend to find my attic rainfall depends on my mood. If I feel any joy or pleasure it pours down. Since cultivating an attitude of dour loathing for all mankind, it's almost dried out completely!

Interested to hear that you have porcelain dolls up there. In my house they're just in the cupboard under the stairs. Think they attract mice, judging by the scratching sounds at night, but however often I put them out for the bin men they always end up back on the doorstep- obviously some kind of recycling contravention :shrug:

Courtesy of Manifisto

Peg Sliderskew

King of the Beach posted:

dude i didnt want to say anything

but i think u bought a haunted haus

Ignore this superstitious idiot. He'll be suggesting the cavern is some kind of 'Hell' next. Time to get enlightened by your own intelligence 'King' of the 'Beach'!

Okay OP you need to get in touch with your local amateur caver's club. If they're legit, the members will include a hot blonde chick, a handsome man, a nerdy brunette chick and one (1) black guy. There may be some other members but this is your core group. Insist on them taking you down there with them- they'll claim that it's too dangerous but they're just trying to steal all the glory for themselves.

Courtesy of Manifisto

Peg Sliderskew
Perhaps they were her sons? You have to keep an open mind if you want a real bargain in property. Ineradicable dark brown stains on the ceiling? Damp. Scratching sound behind the oak panelling? A cute mouse family. The sound of a thousand pleading whispers surrounding you constantly in a maelstrom of despair? Also probably damp.

Courtesy of Manifisto

Peg Sliderskew
Can you catch the fish? Could be an excellent opportunity to save on grocery bills! And it must be great to have your own indoor pool for parties.

I suppose it must be a nuisance not being able to store anything down there though. Every (blackened and dead) rose has its (blood encrusted) thorn.

Courtesy of Manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peg Sliderskew
Bumping this up because I found a cool guidebook to churches OP and although you don't mention exactly where you live the clues suggest it might be relevant.

'A Stranger's Guide to the Churches, Temples and Standing Stones of [redacted to preserve OP privacy]' by A. Machen.

Chapter 1 is titled 'The Church of Seth and the Feasts to Avoid Thereof' which gave the game away! The actual chapter is mostly scored over with disturbing esoteric markings, so obviously pretty old and valuable. If you let me know your address, I'll send it to you.

Courtesy of Manifisto

• Locked thread