Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifisto

in my experience, old houses like this often need to breathe. they get all cloistered and closed up, kind of congested if you will, what with all the closets getting nailed shut, the ancient stone wells in the basement being stoppered with cement decorated with sigils and runes, the curiously misshapen attic rooms with bloodstained floors being walled off, that sort of thing. make like alnilam with a neti pot and really open that thing up. get rid of the wreaths of garlic cluttering the thresholds, sweep up any star-shaped sand circles you might find, make sure there aren't crucifixes and silver mirrors interfering with the energy flow in your house. you'll be surprised at how much easier you will sleep!

e: and definitely dig up anything you think might be buried, you don't want random stuff just moldering away in your basement/backyard

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 8, 2017

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

I noticed an unusual amount of rumbling from the basement last night. Normally it just sounds like a house settling -- creaks, pops, some screaming, that sort of thing. But last night was more of a howl followed by...I want to say "phlegmy" but that's not the right word. Anyway, I go down into the main basement, pry up the access panel to the reinforced sub-basement, push aside the security door to the canning vault and I'll be darned if there isn't a hole in the wall.

Fine, haha, let's do this.

Now I'm not thrilled. Foundation damage is a big deal! Then I realize it's going IN and not down and I think we're like forty feet underground at this point anyway...

I decide to poke my nose in and what do I find but a really lovely natural cavern. There are all these stagmites (sp?) and they are just amazing. I thought stagmites were supposed to be pointy, but these were almost like saguaros with a "head" and "arms." I think its because of the humidity and all the steam coming up. The cavern sloped in and down for a long ways and just got warmer and warmer. Must be a spring, but I couldn't find any sign of it.

Let me tell you, I never thought of myself as a spelunker, but it was so peaceful in there. I had the strongest urge to go as deep as I could. But, I also wanted to just stand and marvel at the dancing lights. I darn near fell asleep standing there watching the cave lights playing.

I wonder how deep I can go...

Does anyone have a good cavern guy? I need someone bonded and licensed. I skimped last time and the roofers just bailed on me. They worked half a day in the attic, I ran out to buy us all lunch, and when I came back there was nothing but tools up there.

I think you are on the right track op, thick rusty water leaks have to come from somewhere and my cursory knowledge of physics tells me it is very likely that the liquid is flowing uphill, that's . . that's what liquids do, I think?

but it also occurs to me that you might want to rent that jewel thief movie and pay some attention to that one actor

• Locked thread