Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Lots of things in this post make me say "nope nope nope." I wouldn't gently caress with title issue cars, especially when they're $2k+ old moldy Datsuns. I think you can do better but I haven't checked the market on them recently.

Can't help with importers but shouldn't be that hard to find some on the west coast. Any mild interest I've ever had has been limited to looking on ebay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

At least in 'Murica, the CD009s are <$1k. And you don't have to order another from Japan. :v: Maybe the other conversion parts make it less of a good idea though?

I have a CD008 in my 04 G35 and it's a decent trans from a feel perspective at least. Wish 6th was a little taller though.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I would at least try and sell it for a couple hundred bucks to help fund your project. You generous goon. :allears:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

What are your plans for the car? I don't get why you wouldn't put in a confirming cage.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Eek, cages in street cars are a touchy subject. I personally wouldn't but I'm not going to get into that. Why not just do a roll bar for a street car? They can bolt in and out usually and are probably less dangerous for a street car.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Isn't the service procedure on those pretty much "Step 1: pull engine"

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Best of luck. Always loved the 300 but was never ballsy enough to work on one (better to live vicariously :v:). A guy on jalopnik has a few good articles on restoring his.

If the rear main is leaking, then you're at least pulling the trans. That may not be too bad for a RWD car but with the other fuckery that you're finding it might make sense to just pull the whole powertrain at once and go through it.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Replacing the rear main seal? Might just be motor oil from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Eek, that groove on the crank is a bit worrying. Can't say I've seen that before. I would not try to smooth it or sand it though without talking to a machine shop and see what they suggest. And I would replace that clutch disk. That said, it's hard to tell quite how much meat there is left on the friction surface, but eye the difference between the rivet heads and that and make your decision. Doesn't look like a ton from the pictures. How does the flywheel look?

Never trust a PO.