Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Seagulls are my favorite trash birds.

I like watching them steal food from people at the beach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Pelicans freak me out. Whenever I see one I remember those videos where a pelican swallows some smaller animal whole and you can see it squirming around in its mouth and throat. Its disgusting.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
That reminds me, one bird I've heard about that I thought was cool is the cuckoo duck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mb0GOITRUU

Everyone knows about the infamous cuckoo and their habit of laying eggs in other bird's nests, where the cuckoo hatchling then gets rid of all the other eggs. The cuckoo duck does something similar, laying an egg in another bird's nest. However unlike with the cuckoo, the original eggs aren't disturbed. The host bird incubates the duck egg but that's it. When the cuckoo duck hatches it only spends a few hours in the nest before leaving, fully independent despite being so young.

What a brave little bird.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Knormal posted:

This clickbait video popped up in my recommended videos the other day, here's a naked bird. I think it's a lovebird based on size and beak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQEYullGf0o

Its supposed to be cute but to me it looks really creepy. Wings without feathers are just gross little stump limbs.

• Locked thread