Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I love wrens, but my favorite bird is the humble barn swallow!

They are considered good luck! They nest close to humans and eat bugs. They do everything while flying.

They don't have the most melodic song but it is theirs. They are lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

She doesn't like blue.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

https://twitter.com/EffinBirds/status/866501218071437312

https://twitter.com/EffinBirds/status/866452880219308032

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Good morning from the swallow family outside our apartment!

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Quick, what's their airspeed?!

:kimchi:

Laden or unladen?

My partner named them Sandy and Sonny Swallow. I hope soon they have swallow fledgelings. :kimchi:

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

zoux posted:

Now she keeps chickens and I swear she loves those chickens more than she ever did us. Every time I call her it's "the chickens are doing this" and "the chickens are doing that". It's actually pretty endearing.

So how are the chux?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

MisterBibs posted:

If we're taking about vaguely naked birds, there's Jersey the Cockatoo. She had a bad owner for a long while, and she plucked herself bare, but her current owner is a ton better. I'd judge the fact that she's still pretty bare long after she was rehomed with the current owner, but I have zero knowledge of bird-owning to know if they even grew back.

They do grow back but once plucking starts it can be hard to stop, even if the bird is rehomed. Poor neurotic babies.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Oh goodness we are coming back from the zoo with so many good pictures for you all. Excited to upload! :)

Edit: Gonna dole these out, because there's a bunch...

WrenP-Complete has a new favorite as of 20:27 on Jun 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

At the zoo, we heard a man tell his daughter that this bird (a King Vulture) was ugly. She put her hands on her hips and said that he was doing his best. :)

• Locked thread