Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I like crows. People around here call them Garbage Chickens, but I like them because they're clever and goofy. I like their quiet gurgling chatter they use to each other close up when they aren't cawing from a distance. And in spring, when the chicks are fledging, you have gangs of adolescent crows in their first adult feathers, trying to learn how to bird, while parents and/or older siblings watch them from some place high up.

I also like this guy.

There are many cockatiels like him, but this one is mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Man, I love hummingbirds. Most of the hummingbirds we get here are rufous hummingbirds, which are noted for being the most northern-ranging hummingbirds. You'll find them all the way up the coast into Alaska. Little red-brown birds with green wings and backs.

Very, very occasionally you get a calliope hummingbird (we're just at the very northern edge of their breeding range) who I adore because they look like they're trying to turn themselves into asterisks.

• Locked thread