Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Dawn Arc - Epilogue

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Finally back to the good poo poo.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
Looks like there's some problems with the screenshots around the mini-Altera section.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Cyouni posted:

Looks like there's some problems with the screenshots around the mini-Altera section.

Thanks, been fixed.

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

I had completely forgotten that one of Hakuno's character traits was her appreciation for nurses. It's been a thing since the first Extra game, where she had a line of dialog about how the beds in the infirmary got her heart racing.

Like, it's honestly interesting that they carried this over, but on the other hand it is the weirdest goddamn thing.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Archimedes 1

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

How could I have predicted something would go wrong when I tried to solo the Umbral Star?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Rorahusky posted:

She is the most adorable and sweet Berserker. All she wants to do is read her books and have some sweets.

My favorite thing is her arsenal of "iconic yet legally distinct" techniques. :v:

Tarezax posted:

Discussion of maid alter isn't complete without her completely ridiculous animations

Walking on water isn't the only thing she can do...

The item you get for maxing her bond is amazing.

Even in the mysterious garden that is home to the fairies,
It is passed down as a mysterious fairy tale.
The Hilt is tougher than Arondight,
The Tip is hotter than Galatine,
The Radiance is almost as brilliant as Excalibur.
The waitress who pulleth the mop is the right-wise born King of all.

Crasical posted:

Liz is really an odd character, and I do like her a lot, even if she's treated as a joke 99% of the time. Fight on, Eli-chan!

I like how she's basically risen to greater prominence than Tamamo in FGO.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jun 3, 2018

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Is that Caliburn as a mop?
I would like to ask what was that dimension's Merlin smoking when he did that, but on second thought you never want to know what substance Merlin is on.

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

Officially, she just turned Excalibur into a mop.

She also has a pistol that was originally a short sword called Secace; when she combines it with Excalimop it turns into an anti-material rifle.

Fate Grand Order is a weird, weird game sometimes.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!
Joke characters gonna joke.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

given Maid Saber Alter originated from Carnival Phantasm, a deliberate gag series, of course her stuff is gonna be ridiculous

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Oh, neat. Those cranes he uses are a reference to one of his inventions during the Siege of Syracuse, the Claw of Archimedes, which the people of Syracuse used to pluck Roman ships right out of the water. It's mentioned in Plutarch.

Life of Marcellus posted:

When, therefore, the Romans assaulted the walls in two places at once, fear and consternation stupefied the Syracusans, believing that nothing was able to resist that violence and those forces. But when Archimedes began to ply his engines, he at once shot against the land forces all sorts of missile
weapons, and immense masses of stone that came down with incredible noise and violence; against which no man could stand; for they knocked down those upon whom they fell in heaps, breaking all their ranks and files. In the meantime huge poles thrust out from the walls over the ships sunk some by the great weights which they let down from on high upon them; others they lifted up into the air by an iron hand or beak like a crane's beak and, when they had drawn them up by the prow, and set them on end upon the poop, they plunged them to the bottom of the sea; or else the ships, drawn by engines within, and whirled about, were dashed against steep rocks that stood jutting out under the walls, with great destruction of the soldiers that were aboard them. A ship was frequently lifted up to a great height in the air (a dreadful thing to behold), and was rolled to and fro, and kept swinging, until the mariners were all thrown out, when at length it was dashed against the rocks, or let fall.

...Yet Marcellus escaped unhurt, and deriding his own artificers and engineers, "What," said he, "must we give up fighting with this geometrical Briareus, who plays pitch-and-toss with our ships, and, with the multitude of darts which he showers at a single moment upon us, really outdoes the hundred-handed giants of mythology?" And, doubtless, the rest of the Syracusans were but the body of Archimedes's designs, one soul moving and governing all; for, laying aside all other arms, with this alone they infested the Romans and protected themselves. In fine, when such terror had seized upon the Romans, that, if they did but see a little rope or a piece of wood from the wall, instantly crying out, that there it was again, Archimedes was about to let fly some engine at them, they turned their backs and fled, Marcellus desisted from conflicts and assaults, putting all his hope in a long siege.

The turbine-thing is probably a reference to the Archimedes Screw, and the scale thing may be a reference to Archimedes' Principle. Not bad stuff, Fate/Extella.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Archimedes 2

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jun 19, 2018

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Video link in update leads to the video edit page.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Archimedes 3

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

SIGSEGV posted:

Video link in update leads to the video edit page.

Thanks, it's been fixed.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Too much Liz bullying. Some is fine, but corrupting her like that is too far.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

quote:

Archimedes is quite a bit more level-headed in his stage dialogue than his normal story dialogue makes him out to seem. Incidentally, while I was looking up information about him, I discovered Archy's D&D alignment is Lawful Good, i.e. the same alignment Artoria, Gawain, Jeanne, and Karna have. I just want you to keep that in mind during this stage's outro. Though, to be fair, Servant alignments are more based around how Servants view themselves than any kind of objective standard that applies to everyone. Elizabeth is Chaotic Evil, for the record.

Servant alignments were originally (in F/SN) an objective measurement determined by the Holy Grail, designed to keep "evil" Servants from being summoned and screwing things up. It's a complete black box as to how it makes its judgements though, and the whole system was designed by a bunch of fuckups to begin with, so it's pretty subjective.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Well, you do also have to consider that Archy got himself corrupted like a moron.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Golden Poem - Interlude

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Impact

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010
Yeah, it sucks to be Elizabeth, but on the other hand, if not for her, none of the good stuff would be happening. Even God's enemies are somehow His own.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
That transformation. :wow: :wow: :wow:

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Wow, Archimedes picked the worst possible servant to work with. Not only has he been getting screwed over in other timelines by her, now the plan he was working towards all game is about to go up in flames because of her.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Archie deserves everything that's happened to him for being such a jackass.

Also, this upcoming part sucked so badly, I almost quit the game and handed back the copy I borrowed to my friend.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Good god, I typed out everything from the start of the last stage to the end of the game in nearly about...8 hours or so. Once you see how much text is in the ending, you'll see how draining that was.

The good news? I'm nearly done with this thread :toot: The only things left are video matters and the finishing touches. I've been ready to wrap this thread up for a long time.

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jun 24, 2018

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Saber Venus. What the actual hell, Nero.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
About what I expected.

GOI
Aug 26, 2015
Is she allowed to wear any less or has she set up to wear as little as possible

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
Hey, at least her outfit's not see-through any more.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Fate

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
*glub glub glub*

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Your gacha-bragging struck a nerve and accidentally set off my self-defense instincts. Sorry about that.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Saber Venus. What the actual hell, Nero.

From what I've heard, the main reaction to the Saber Venus reveal on both the Japanese and English sides of the fandom was pretty much this.

Also disbelieving laughter at how someone could think such a ridiculously godawful design was acceptable.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Extella

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
And at long, loooooooooong last, we're finally done here. Good lord, I never expected this game would be my longest-running single game to date. I mean, granted, I didn't spend a year and change just working on this thread, but I grossly underestimated how much work was gonna have to be put into this game. Will I be back for Extella Link? Who knows, but I've got 6 months or so to make a decision on that. Right now, don't even want to think about work on another screenshot LP. This is officially sanctioned "Me Time".

Thanks for everyone who stuck around through this ridiculously lengthy thread, and I hope I'll see some of you around for whatever my next project turns out to be. Don't count on anything within the next like, month or so.

GOI
Aug 26, 2015

Thuryl posted:

Hey, at least her outfit's not see-through any more.

I'm pretty sure if any of It was see through she might as well not wear anything there.

Also on another note this LP is Good civilization

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Smalltera is good and I can't wait to see how Archimedes has his life ruined by a combination of Liz and the main protagonists in the next game. Thank you for the LP.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Liffrea posted:

From what I've heard, the main reaction to the Saber Venus reveal on both the Japanese and English sides of the fandom was pretty much this.

Also disbelieving laughter at how someone could think such a ridiculously godawful design was acceptable.

Wait, people didn't like that design?? It's absolutely Peak Nero! It fits her like a glove. An overly ornate and flashy glove that doesn't cover much skin...

Thanks for the LP, Sylphid. No way I was playing a Musou game myself, and the SSLP format was very clean and readable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Finally, a game that ends in three way lesbian marriage with an adopted daughter.