Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The best part about running these threads is you get to see people's truly bad taste show up in the emails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I plotted out my top 20 loosely to help figure out the top 10. Feel a little bad I couldn't give a nod to some of my personal favs who are definitely in my top 20, but not the 10 like Bockwinkel, Paul London, Ultramantis Black and Jim Cornette.

Also, a quick reminder that "Sweet n Sour" Larry Sweeney rocked the mic so hard it's still wobbling six years after his death.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I just included a couple personal favorites since I know the obvious ones will get plenty of nominations.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
So far we've had 36 different nominations, with 24 of them being nominated multiple times. This is a good thing, since seeding will be done based on who gets the most and going from there. With ten nominations you've got room to hit on your favorites and put in some dark horses.

To which I'm going to leave the list a mystery for now other than to say the obvious suspects are on it and are most likely on multiple times. But someone did nominate Sid so thank you for that.

Still plenty of time to add your nominees and if you're worried about me spilling your secret identity for the whole world to laugh at, 1) I don't care who you are and B) just use guerrilla mail or any other burner account.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I just sent in my nominations. They include fan favourites and a few dark horses.

Coz I am cool like that.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Jericho's gonna win it all, bay-bay!

Drink it in, maaaaaaaaaaaaan

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I wish I knew Spanish, cause I'm sure there's some luchadors who probably rival the best gringos but I'll never know.

NJPW on AXS has subtitles at least so I discovered the joy of a Makabe or Suzuki promo.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Where is Wicked J in this discussion??? Hasn't come up once.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Anybody mention Kurt Angle yet? I won't say he was LITERALLY THE BEST or anything, but he was genuinely hilarious at times.

https://youtu.be/6t8MRulKvvk?list=PL9Zo1wA4V7D2vBajQ_TXSljDViLfPyeQf

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 15:52 on May 11, 2017

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009
The Black Scorpion.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
An update on voting!

-42 people have been nominated.
-23 have multiple nominations.
-19 have three or more nominations.
-11 have five or more.
-The current cutoff for the top 4 is eight nominations.
-The current leader has 11 nominations.

Still looking at next Wednesday to put a close to nominations, still plenty of time to get yours in!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

If you don't vote for Scott Steiner he's going to find you and put you in the Steiner recliner

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
You think he's paying attention to an Internet poll? Scott Steiner only cares about two things in this world: his freaks, and his peaks. And he's already the winner according to Steiner Math.

Benign
Oct 20, 2008

And I Quote!
I am too lazy to think of a list to do an email, so I submit we should never ever forget this amazing piece of talking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64rje_22I5k

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Friendly reminder that nominations are still open and all the important information is in the OP! Everyone who posts here and doesn't send in nominations gets their personal information sent to the CIA!!!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I accidentally sent 11
Feel free to drop Jumpin Jeff Farmer

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I totally e-mailed the op lmao

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I totally e-mailed the op lmao

poo poo

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Rowdy Roddy Piper you tasteless goofs

Yeah he's the best in history everyone else can just screw right off.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

oh sorry i had a problem formatting my list so just open the .exe and we should be good to go

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

dromal phrenia posted:

oh sorry i had a problem formatting my list so just open the .exe and we should be good to go

Do I still need to put in my routing number or will my credit card number suffice?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Serious(?) note, last call for nominations, I'm going to cut it off after today and will look to get this sucker started up Wednesday/Thursday. There'll be endless bitching about the bracket no matter what but this is your chance to affect said bracket which lends a little more credence to your endless complaining.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Its ric flair

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

sticklefifer posted:

Mean Gene deserves a nod. He always had the greatest hype and enthusiasm for some of the dumbest poo poo ever. He excitedly played along with the Gobbledegooker for gently caress's sake.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

How THE gently caress did you all forget about Paul Bearer?!?!

He deserves to win it.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

a new study bible! posted:

How THE gently caress did you all forget about Paul Bearer?!?!

He deserves to win it.

Paul Bearer owns because he purposely tried to make Taker corpse with his ridiculous voice.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Nominations are now closed. I'll make a separate thread for voting and will link to that once we're ready to go. 48 were nominated so we'll go with a 32-person tournament, though we'll need to do some work to get down to that number...

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Amhed Johnson

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

48 is fine for a bracket, just give the top 16 a free win in the first round.

Also it means one of my nominations gets in AND has a small chance to win in the first round :v:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ive decided to vote now. Thanks a lot pardner

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
AND WE'RE OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3820774

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Steiner didn't make the initial brackets, :lol:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Steiner is more of a sentient meme than an actual good talker.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Steiner's a weird grey area because he's entertaining but mechanically he can barely actually talk.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
in a phonetic FREAK and im not normal

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Anyone voting Scott Steiner, Edge, or Bray goddamn Wyatt over Hulk Hogan as a promo should be brutally destroyed.

I mean, I get Billy Graham because 70s WWWF isn't exactly hip, but come on.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Anyone voting Scott Steiner, Edge, or Bray goddamn Wyatt over Hulk Hogan as a promo should be brutally destroyed.

I mean, I get Billy Graham because 70s WWWF isn't exactly hip, but come on.

Hogan was on PEDs
Who can say what kind of promos we'd be getting out of Bray if he was coked out of his mind?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The only drug Hulk Hogan was on was Hulkamania :colbert:

Well, that and the coke you mentioned....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Anyone voting Scott Steiner, Edge, or Bray goddamn Wyattanyone over Hulk HoganSantino as a promo should be brutally destroyed.

:colbert:

• Locked thread