Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I plotted out my top 20 loosely to help figure out the top 10. Feel a little bad I couldn't give a nod to some of my personal favs who are definitely in my top 20, but not the 10 like Bockwinkel, Paul London, Ultramantis Black and Jim Cornette.

Also, a quick reminder that "Sweet n Sour" Larry Sweeney rocked the mic so hard it's still wobbling six years after his death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Flair laps Bearer. Can't possibly see a case for Bearer being in the poll at all, his strengths were his look and his work as a ringside manager, not his promos.

I have good memories of his pre-WWF work as Percy Pringle and his later 90's work when he loosened up the character. He made me think of like a less jokey version of a Brother Love evil preacher kind of thing. There was a fair bit more to him than just the "ooohhh yess" schtick as a promo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e50iYwAOu1M

None of that is to say in any way that people should vote for him over Flair but I can totally see people calling him a great promo.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The Rock is a way better talker than Punk even though he has exactly one promo and it's about eating pussy to convince everyone that he's totally not into dudes.

He had a pretty good one about how Billy Gunn was a piece of poo poo once.

• Locked thread