Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Steiner is more of a sentient meme than an actual good talker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

C. Everett Koop posted:

Results from the first round:
#4 Nick Bockwinkel d. #5 Larry Sweeney 23-14. I doubt anyone here's ever heard a Bockwinkel promo :colbert:. Anyway, he's in trouble next round.

MassRafter showed a playlist of Bockwinkel's promos awhile ago so a lot of us who hang out have at least heard a few of them.
They're great specimens of the pre-modern wrestling era but don't hold up against modern talkers unless you're really into that kind of thing.

I do not know who Larry Sweeny is however.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Feels Villeneuve posted:

If you don't think Bock's promos hold up anymore I'd like to know what you're comparing them to.

The more energetic, comparatively visceral promos of the 90's and above. Bock is good at what he does, but what he does sounds like a guy giving a somewhat impassioned press conference on ESPN after a tough road loss.
That was his character, and he was good at it. But compared to guys like Dusty, Piper (WCW RUN NOTWITHSTANDING) and Flair, it feels like a relic of a bygone age.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Voted against Austin because the progenitor of the greatest blight to ever infect wrestling promos can advance no further.

• Locked thread