Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Furniture chat is exactly my interest right now. Supposing I wanted to design my home’s interior with genuinely nice furniture, where would I go? I honestly don’t know where to start. For example, I want legitimately high quality wood bedroom furniture that’s not just pulp glued together and held together with pot metal fasteners. Searching for “heirloom” furniture just landed me a bunch of semi-local Amish woodworking shops since I’m not so far from Amish country. Maybe that’s the way to go, but I’m leery of spending >$6k on a bed and nightstand just because “Amish” is in the shop’s name.

e: damnit. Someone at least post a link to earlier discussion on this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Thanks for the suggestions. That estimate is definitely within budget. I had also assumed that solid wood was always the best, but earlier posts suggest otherwise. I have some googling to do, because I’m unlikely to buy and read that comprehensive cabinetmaking book the woodworking thread seems to like.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Thanks, jerks. Now I want to throw out everything I own and completely redo my place. :negative:

This stuff ranges from amazing furniture I need to hilarious things I can only imagine people gift as pranks. It’s genuinely great.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

actionjackson posted:

not sure what you mean

As a newcomer who in all honesty isn’t going to read every single preceding page: is the joke here just homogenization, because unless the lens is doing some massive distortion that space looks hellish to actually use.

Also continuing to appreciate the furniture chat and actually feeling like I’m learning something and getting good resources to check out.