Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I don't understand the barn doors. It's all the downsides of pocket doors except you're also losing all the wall space from where they slide. Pockets at least are very space efficient.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Only the finest gaming chair for my "office"

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm curious about the mildew rock concerns or if everyone was off-base on that.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Deviant posted:

Does this thread have an opinion about the nanoleaf? I'm in the process of mounting a full 30-set because I hate money and love tacky neon garbage.

I'd assume anyone who had this sort of thing was an over-paid tech-sector nerd, but that's fine those people can have things they like too.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

So my last post in this thread was about how I'm not a big fan of techy decor, but my wife suddenly got a brainwave that instead of covering a rather blank wall with a bunch of "an arts" we set up some mini projector that projects something interesting on the wall. She got excited at all the houses that have Christmas projectors adding dancing lights and shits to the facades of buildings.

I told her there's probably technology to project custom images and poo poo onto a wall at budget-quality (we're not playing movies or doing a power point, just want some projected fun) but this is a field so outside of my wheelhouse. The main problem is that we probably couldn't mount it anywhere to project straight-on, it would be projected at about a 20 degree angle from the wall. Can you like... adjust the focus or skew things to make the results reasonable when not projects from a 90 degree angle?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

TheMadMilkman posted:

I love the complete absurdity of this development.

Like, how did that even get past the basic planning stage? How did it get even as far as it did?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Other than the horrible rent that only the dregs of society could afford, that looks like a pretty good church conversion.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I really hate the style of decor that looks like an old barn collapsed and you've decorated your place entirely out of its scraps.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I wish I could do a photo-tour of my grandma's apartment. It's like a perfect time capsule of early 1970's soviet union. Has not changed at all since. A lot of 1970's soviet stuff was still very mid-century looking, there's some cool stuff in there.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

A lot of MCM houses are real money pits too depending how well they've been kept up. That wasn't always a great era for build quality and the jury was still out on this idea of "insulation". I mean who will really need insulation or windows that don't leak in our atomic future of limitless cheap energy?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

What's with the circle on the roof? Way too small and a lack of access for a helicopter pad but I don't know what else you'd draw a giant white circle for.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I often have a lot of anxiety and confusion regarding what I should be doing in various rooms, wall words help me know where I should EAT, where I should LAUGH and/or LOVE, and where I should CHERISH FRIENDSHIP & FAMILY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Is that the bedroom portion of doom-bathroom?