Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

WrenP-Complete posted:

(Though i hate bare bulbs, omg)

This is the worst episode of Desert Island Discs ever. Who owns four albums?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Arachnamus posted:

Was reminded of this when I came across a loft conversion photo:

Somebody at least thinks it's a good idea.

You'd think they'd make it so you're not looking into what appears to be the gap between inner and outer walls/roof when you look out this sort of window.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I think we've hit peak words on walls (apologies for lovely image quality)

unless they put other words on other walls (a possibility) they literally just have the word "grow" on the wall off their living room.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

how many fonts can they possibly put on there

none more than this

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

The Tron bathroom is weird but okay because it's still usable, though that is a lot of grout to keep clean...and the lighting is probably bad for shaving or makeup in that mirror...forget what I said about usable.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

surf rock posted:

* I'm going to paint the mantle and the fireplace brick white. I don't really give a poo poo about fireplaces and I'm never going to use it, so I want to minimize its visual prominence in the room.

Am I the only one who thinks that painted-over brick fireplaces look really bad? Like, I get the intent, especially with the new color scheme, which I definitely like, but not only do I think it's going to look terrible, the white paint is going to make it pop so much more than it already does. Yeah, the brick is the wrong color temperature, but in a room full of dark flooring, the big honking white thing in the corner is what'll immediately draw the eye.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

#1 sign that this bullshit is all staged:

nobody on this planet knows how to play rummikub

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

The Bloop posted:

What the gently caress

I learned from my nana dammit and it's a good game :mad:

for real, I've never met anyone who knows how to play it, it's a game you find in a closet and no one knows how it got there

if it's good, I'd be willing to give it a shot, but I think the last time I was in the same room as a copy of it, I was like ten

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Beats the gently caress out of being at the game store with some other goons and being one table away from the d&d group that really can't get over how funny they find the concept of anal sex with a dragon and spend about an hour yelling about it.

Why yes, I speak from experience, why do you ask?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

learnincurve posted:

Ladies and Gentlemen, for your pleasure. The 90s time capsule McMansion.

http://thechive.com/2017/08/29/amazing-90s-crib-for-sale-is-all-that-and-a-bag-of-chips-37-photos/

1. I got to admire their commitment to the colour scheme
2. That pool.
3. I would unironically live In that house and not change a thing so it can be preserved for our great great grandchildren's generation.

just makes me think

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

peanut posted:

I almost got a boob light for our front entry because I was brainwashed in my childhood but then I found this floor model for $10 including CFL bulbs. My husband was like ??? but c'mon :10bux:
Maybe I'll paint it red to match our door (and baseball team lol)

is your local home furnishing store a half-life 2 mod?

(that is awesome)

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I'm a terrible person - I see all that parquet and would want to play floor hockey down there like it's middle school gym class

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

has this turned up here yet?

luminescent tiles and a million miles of grout

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

getting ambient music vibes

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I keep expecting that thing to rotate and reveal bachelor number one, bachelor number two and bachelor number three

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

If it's too dark, add more lamps. Use the dark.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Magic Hate Ball posted:

The purchase of that house comes with a free set of Dan Fogelberg albums for your hi-fi.

ftfy, not whitebread enough

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I mean, we don't generally call them villages

but they totally fit all the requirements of being villages

we just call them towns

or housing developments

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

PRADA SLUT posted:

You people disgust me

we've noticed

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Is that a giant hourglass, or is it just a regular hourglass on a table that's just out of frame?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

interior design is dumb

interior design straplines may be even dumber

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Southern Heel posted:

I've also got

don't leave us hanging

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

stealing this from another thread because HOLY poo poo

https://twitter.com/i/moments/971090466153299968

e: at least scroll down far enough to get to the word carpet with a misspelling

hexwren fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Mar 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I'm extremely bothered by the LCD font having differently-shaped segments for each character