Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The way it's taken looks like it's a realtor picture, and those are often overexposed to make the rooms look brighter than they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Someone trained an AI to create and name paint colors Janelle Shane

What's your pick for color of the summer? Mine's "Sand Dan"
I'm a fan of the colors which don't actually match their names.

I'm Gray Pubic.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I don't hate this. Apart from the dumb threshold which I would trip over all the time, I like the contrast between the rooms.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Eh, the current interior trend in Sweden is white. White everywhere. As bright as possible.

Maybe with something like a single black pillow or a grayscale piece of art on the wall for accent. If you have more than two contrasting items you're an interior design rebel.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I can't tell if y'all are joking.
I'm all big toes. :shobon:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I'm following one of many DIY groups on Facebook and every now and then someone shows a nice older table, cupboard, dresser or whatever and asking if they should paint it. Of course the comments are always full of idiots cheering them on, and then a day later they post a picture where they painted it some hideous color and you can tell even from the picture taken with a smudged cellphone camera that they laid it on way too thick and there's both paint runs and orange peel surface. :(

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

There are non-terrible ones that are less barn-y

I GUESS.
All of these look pretty bad imo. Not the doors themselves, but they kept the standard door trim which clashes with the barn door and makes it look like the door was just tacked on like an afterthought.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

This looks better, because the door fits with the style of the room and the trim around the opening.

Or this, where there's no trim to clash with.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Progressive JPEG posted:

The track lighting looks incredibly out of place.
Apart from an art gallery, is there anywhere track lightning doesn't look out of place?

If you're going to go the industrial fan route, at least go all in. http://www.bigassfans.com/

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jul 6, 2017

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Anne Whateley posted:

If you want incredibly nice, I also found this guy. http://www.knockdoorbells.com/vintage_chimes_longbells.htm He restores old ones and also has new ones of his own design. I'm surprised he doesn't have recordings up, but if you're in that end of the pool, you could email and ask and I'm sure he'd give you recordings in equally exhausting detail.
Well that is a thing I didn't know I needed. Those longbells are gorgeous.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Haifisch posted:

Just taking a dump while watching laundry spin. Don't mind me.
This show sucks. I can't keep track of all the characters and the plot just goes in circles.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Youth Decay posted:

My current design pet peeve is ~minimalist~ kitchens. Like this one. How can you cook here? Where do you put food? And dishes? And cookware besides your stupid teapot collection?

That would be ok if it had some actual cupboards instead of stupid open shelving.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Just hang the knives pointy end down.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

SoundMonkey posted:

when i first saw the picture i thought someone had just glued new tile over the old stuff in big sheets and it fell down
I thought the same seeing the thumbnail. "Holy poo poo the tiles fell down? ... Oh, no.. It's worse."

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

cheese eats mouse posted:

I am pretty much done with buying furniture. I get to pick this up next weekend.

I thought "Do you have snow in August?" before I realized it was a sheepskin in front of it. :downs:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I like this. :shobon:

The phone can go though.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

n0tqu1tesane posted:

Replace it with a green Western Electric Model 554.

Should be a desk phone I think, a green LM Ericsson Dialog.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Don Dongington posted:

So given the recent theme of mid century modern, I just bought a house 1960s time capsule
That place is amazing. The only things I'd change are the carpets and the flourescent lights in the kitchen

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Don Dongington posted:

I'm going to re-do the kitchen lighting at some point, but I don't want to ruin it with lovely can lights or other awful modern poo poo, so it might cost a bit. Ideas on that very welcome.
I'm personally fond of the timeless frosted globe, assuming there's enough ceiling height for it.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

That's an amazing house, but that blue line not lining up bothers me irrationally. To be honest it would probably look better without it.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Looks like the world's most awesome treehouse.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

TTerrible posted:

Thread over. We found it.

Why :stare:
:finland:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

European fridge/freezers are typically 55-60cm (21.6"-23.6") wide. Combo fridge/freezer unit are split horizontally.

I haven't heard anyone use the term "american freezer", but I guess it refers to combo units that are wider than 60cm and split vertically.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Jaded Burnout posted:

That explains the three giant ffffffffffuckin' couches.
Three giant loving couches or three giant loving-couches?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Hendrick's gin and Baileys? That's some low effort hipster.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

"What do you want in your house?" "One of everything. We want statues, and an arch, and a pool, and a sauna, and a wine cellar, and a fireplace, and a walk in closet, and and and... Also, take all the windows from the front of the house and put them in the back."

http://www.magnussonmakleri.se/objekt/obj19656_1575882482/?view=images#bilder

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

house_ownership.txt

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Youth Decay posted:

I'm the little Jesus niche
I'm disappointed that it didn't have Buddy Jesus in it.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

10/10 would live there, until I fall drunkenly down that stair and kill myself.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I feel like the price tag is missing a decimal point.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Youth Decay posted:

Bare lightbulb chandelier: very funny. To go with your poverty-chic chairs. Can someone save that poor plant?

You joke but this is basically how every staged house/apartment in Sweden looks.

None of these are dorm rooms, they're all €300k-500k downtown apartments.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Looks like it's just glass plastic sheets.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Jaded Burnout posted:

I've found Ikea sofas to have a good balance of cost and quality if you're looking for something hardy.

Ikea stuff in general I've found to be complete poo poo when <£200, pretty solid at £300-600, and not the best compared to other suppliers beyond that.
:agreed: IKEA stuff is pretty nice if you look beyond the cheapest stuff.

I have a KIVIK couch and it's great. Seats three people or four friends, and is wide and comfortable enough to be used as a spare bed in a pinch. Armrests are a little bit low to be used as actual armrests, but they're wide and firm enough that you can have a plate, serving bowl, laptop or whatever on them. If I want to use them as actual armrests I just put a pillow on top.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

shabby chic, more like scabby poo poo

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Untill he sees the wall words.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I'm pretty sure you could live a whole life in Japan without ever setting foot in a store, just buy everything from groceries to a house from vending machines.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Kids are like cats. Both in terms of destructive potential and that they have bones made of rubber.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

n0tqu1tesane posted:

Also, why this diagonal transition strip along an otherwise uninterrupted (both layout direction and room-wise) floor?

Maybe there used to be a wall there?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The pink rooms aren't my style, but the basement bar/lounge is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I actually like this one.