Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Hell yeah, I might slightly tweak the color in the bathtub one but that room looks delightful to be in.

Edit: Actually let's look at that one again, because it demonstrates good design theory I want to talk about :

See the tile on the wall and the tile on the floor? Great example of how you can mix elements of different sizes in the same room, even if they're touching. Two things work to make the wall and floor feel unified that people often mess up when picking tile. First, the tiles are the same shape, both rectangles, both proportioned similarly. Secondly, and this is one I see bathroom designs screw up all the time, the floor tiles are sized so the grout lines match up with the wall tiles. You do this by making sure your big tiles come in dimensions that are evenly divisible by your small tiles. Always try to get physical samples of tiles you're considering so you can tetris them out and make sure they work together this way. The effect is subtle since it's white tile on white grout, but it makes the room subconsciously more orderly and therefore, to me, calming.

I don't normally like the "Old-timey subway bathroom" look, but this one is very well done.

I really love that shower fixture though. I was at the new Restoration Hardware gallery in Tampa this weekend and they had one pretty similar to that one there. I think I might be trying to incorporate that into my designs when I get around to building my house.

There's a lot from RH I'd like in my house if I ever win the lottery :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Haifisch posted:

For sale: Glitter poisoning. Huge savings!

The shiny panther/lion/whatever can be yours for a mere $470. What a steal!

I wanna say that's Z Gallerie, but I don't see enough chromed out skulls for sale there.