Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

beep-beep car is go posted:

Our house has incredibly hard water, so everything gets coated in calcium deposits almost immediately so keeping things clean and stain free is a priority. The previous owners were incredibly dumb and went with that brushed pewter finish all over the bathroom so naturally a week into owning the house, all of our taps are practically frosted with calcium. Any thoughts on how to keep that stuff clean? Soaking in vinegar and Dawn works great for dishes once a month, but it's tougher to soak taps.

We've done vinegar in bags and just rubber banded onto the taps overnight before. Seems to work well. Though ultimately, it might be better to fix it at the source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Any thoughts on whether (or how) you can get two different wood floors in adjacent rooms?

Basically I've got some golden oak colored laminate through part of the house and want to get rid of my carpet, but don't think the golden oak goes well elsewhere.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Seems easy enough. It'd break at the entrances to the room. My instinct it to not get something too close in color and probably orient it the grain differently.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

peanut posted:

Under the door frame thingies and Not Caring. 12:00-3:00 toilet
3:00-6:00 wide fancy hall flooring
6:00-12:00 cheaper flooring for this playroom and upstairs bedrooms

That's helpful, thanks. The 6-12 section looks pretty similar to what we've got in some spots now so it's nice to see how it shakes out in comparison.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Ya know I really dig the color scheme here. It's all (intentionally) super clashy-clashy but in a way where everything feels like it fits on the same palette. Like it's super not my style but it was clearly thought out and the people who executed it had aesthetic sense. Like the set design on Pee Wee's Playhouse or a John Waters project or something. It's cohesive in its discordance.

gently caress living with a cat tho. I'll fill my house with rabbits or reptiles or dogs but cats....yuck.

....motherfuckas all clawing up your furniture and destroying your textiles.....all making the bathroom reek of effluence and giving you neurological parasites.....

It looks like the cats are all supposed to be playing laser tag.