Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

I'll be the dissenter that likes all-wet bathrooms. Yes, you need a squeegee by the shower, but with shower drapes it's just a couple of small puddles. You can still keep your clothes or fluffy bathrobe in there, just keep it off the floor (which you probably want to do either way).

On the positive side it makes the useful shower area larger than most shower stalls, and it makes the floor completely flat so there's nothing to trip on with wet slippery feet. Practically speaking it makes it trivial to wash the floor, and easier to wash large objects in the shower. I also use the bathroom as a place to let dripping-wet jackets and the like hang and dry, since I live in a small apartment and the wooden floor in the hallway probably wouldn't appreciate it.

(No pictures, though. It's a minimum-effort 1998 "built as an investment by a rental company" apartment, and we've put a matching amount of care into decorating it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

As modern additions go that's not horrible. It mostly leaves the existing building alone instead of bolting huge SciFi elements to/through the facade, and the actual new building is fairly clean and open. If she managed to make the underground spaces suitable for their intended use, I'd say it succeeded well above average for such extensions.

I'll want to see it in person before deciding if I like it, though.