Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

The Nashville house is genuinely beautiful imo.
The first picture of that McMinnville one you posted looks like a grandma's interrogation room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

...Is it just me, or do none of the rooms except the bathrooms actually have full enclosing walls? Is this 5,400 square feet of giant connected open space with five "bedrooms" shoved in somehow?

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

At least it's not the leather floor tile I used to sell. That looks pretty gross though.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Somehow I failed to notice the knee height microwave. Is this a thing nowadays?

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Kitchen designs suck.

Half is dealing with storing heaps of stuff in very limited space and the other half is putting up with legacy designs from the dark ages before ergonomics were a thing.

Ergonomics 101: Anything you pick up should be between waist and shoulder height. Okay, lets put the oven and microwave at knee height then.

At least it's not quite as terrible as my apartment kitchen, which I'm thankfully moving out of next week (even if I'm not totally eager to go back to gas appliances). I'm not sure who had the wise idea that opening the oven or the dishwasher each prevents access to all of the under-counter cabinetry, or that the stove needed a solid wall on the right side of it so you can't do anything without being directly over the heat source, but here we are.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

This is the most ominous house showing image I've seen in months.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Poorly placed privies:

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Nessus posted:

All these horrible toilets are due to apartment subdivision of some other house, aren't they? Like someone turns a house into three apartments and obviously you would need to offer an excellent deal on rent for someone who cannot poo poo in their home.

People don't just do this from a cold start, right?

We can only hope so.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

y'all still like bathrooms?

Honestly the absolute bizarre design choices people make with their bathrooms might be my favorite bit of looking at houses. Yes, the plumbing is connected; no, there's no sink; yes, that's carpet.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Just don't do it. New construction, maybe, it's not like there's anything there to hurt in the first place. Remodeling anything into these sterile white boxes just makes me sad.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

dphi posted:

The tile work on this one is uh.. something. I love the garage though.

https://www.redfin.com/OR/Beaverton/8615-SW-Turquoise-Loop-97007/home/26660218

The rivers, good God.
What even is the trim here? It looks like drawings.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

I'm about to have to put them up in my apartment if they do a poo poo job fixing the big-rear end gaps around the sliding glass door, to at least have some counter to the cold. It won't fix the frame issue but I have stripping I can use for that, just not as effective as a real seal. Unfortunately I kind of need that as a window.

SkyeAuroline fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Dec 28, 2020

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2123-Bella-Vista-Dr_Farmington_UT_84025_M24202-73736

I don't know if I've ever seen a better argument against open floor plans than this house.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Now let's be a little fair - this is Utah, they've developed their own brand of horrific interior (and exterior) design above and beyond the rest of the States.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Youth Decay posted:

all three full bathrooms are carpeted btw I will spare your eyes

You will. I won't. These bathrooms need to be shamed.

You also missed the not-at-all-a-red-flag:

quote:

The sellers are the original owners and architects of the home which was built in 1980. Almost everything in the home was handmade and custom-built with details outlined below.
(...)
Nothing in this home is made up of the cheap materials you see in many homes today.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

I don't dig the black/white everywhere, but imo you guys did a great job overall. Even with imperfections I do like the black grout contrast - good choice.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Okay, I know. It's ancient by American standards. It's weirdly constructed. It's been refitted over time.

But god drat that looks rough outside for $875k.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Youth Decay posted:

The log cabin part is one of the oldest surviving wooden structures in the Western Hemisphere (its competition is a carpenter's shed in NY) and is better preserved with fewer modifications than the houses at Plymouth Colony built in the same era. The fact that it is still standing at all is a minor miracle.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I seriously respect the preservation - although, is that grafted-on roof "fewer modifications"? If so I'm a little scared to see those.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

I'm pretty sure I saw a fireman pole in the Lake Arrowhead, CA one, which is absolutely baller. The house has so many weird but cool decisions in it. I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

That Arizona house is the absolute pinnacle of what I want to live in except the scrap metal fixtures. Everything else is absolutely beautiful.