Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

a7m2 posted:

disco elysium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
God Hand.

The basic story is pretty trope-y (defeat the big evil demon) but the way it gets there is pretty funny.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

to be fair they did not entirely intend the correct (i.e. communist) reading that Lal is a useless limp-wristed incel

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

Large Testicles posted:

someone name a game where the story is actually good and it hasn't been ripped off of something else where it was done infinitely better

kojima is cheating

Dyson sphere program

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

to be fair they did not entirely intend the correct (i.e. communist) reading that Lal is a useless limp-wristed incel

Chairman Yang was based before being based existed

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Large Testicles posted:

someone name a game where the story is actually good and it hasn't been ripped off of something else where it was done infinitely better

kojima is cheating

Burger Time

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe
still need to play Disco Elysium. the icon sits on my desktop

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

DACK FAYDEN posted:

SMAC is like Dune. not because they’re in space but because they both have numerous epigrams which are good and not embarrassing which is super rare

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Ripping some off from Frank Herbert helped lol

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
i hate video games tjey forced me to become a looser

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
They're getting roasted in be replies

https://twitter.com/DocumentIsrael/status/1768630053292658941?t=x7V27DdvTmVVeU5xAJawXg&s=19

https://twitter.com/EventsUkraine/status/1768847698399199476?t=0j3LcRKcCZShT4yewojm8w&s=19

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Spergin Morlock posted:

still need to play Disco Elysium. the icon sits on my desktop

Click the icon.

It wants to have game with you.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I guess maybe I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he means the fifth republic and not any previous government except it’s still not true

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Best case it's "We didn't invade Iraq, remember?"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is there some sort of "Oh there wasn't a Korean War it was an ~international police action~" he could mean? Like "invade" vs ""conduct actions in" or whatever

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

mossyfisk posted:

Ripping some off from Frank Herbert helped lol
tbh that game is a huge pile of ripoffs (the secret project videos straight out of Baraka etc) but it really, really works despite that

and sure part of that is the strong narrative work but part of that is just that intellectual property rights suck

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

projecthalaxy posted:

Is there some sort of "Oh there wasn't a Korean War it was an ~international police action~" he could mean? Like "invade" vs ""conduct actions in" or whatever
It's manifestly true, if you just define the places invaded as not countries.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

tbh that game is a huge pile of ripoffs (the secret project videos straight out of Baraka etc) but it really, really works despite that

and sure part of that is the strong narrative work but part of that is just that intellectual property rights suck

All good sci-fi rips off everything.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

FFT posted:

Best case it's "We didn't invade Iraq, remember?"

Best case is that it's a made-up quote, which is what seems to have happened.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/AshaLogos/status/1768761161787588687?t=m_G2j8rXli0r0tztVuHkgQ&s=19

Nobody joining the US military is going to have read the loving Iliad prior to signing up

Hell, they might not be able to read.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/AshaLogos/status/1768761161787588687?t=m_G2j8rXli0r0tztVuHkgQ&s=19

Nobody joining the US military is going to have read the loving Iliad prior to signing up

marble statue guy doesn't want to be yelled at by short latinas in positions of authority over him

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Spergin Morlock posted:

marble statue guy doesn't want to be yelled at by short latinas in positions of authority over him

thats teh only reason I would join the military...

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Spergin Morlock posted:

only short latins in positions of authority for marble statue guy

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

gradenko_2000 posted:

"Why aren't the people training me in war also regularly sodomizing me ?"

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Large Testicles posted:

kojima is cheating

Stardew Valley.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Large Testicles posted:

kojima is cheating

Rimworld

Total War:Attila.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Large Testicles posted:

kojima is cheating

Katamari Damacy

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
All good stories are made of the spoils of theft, no matter the medium. Pretty dumb to single out video games for that in this day and age particularly, where you're lucky if the remakes, reboots and rehashes manage not to completely gently caress it up unprompted.

Ghost Leviathan has issued a correction as of 21:34 on Mar 17, 2024

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 6 days!)

Large Testicles posted:

kojima is cheating

team fortress 2

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Untitled goose game.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Large Testicles posted:

kojima is cheating
Doom
Marathon
Pathways Into Darkness
fucken Eternal Darkness
fucj3n Morrowind

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
super smash bros

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

street fighter 2

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
the first two Monkey Island games

goddamn I was blessed having a disc with all three as a kid.

poo poo, Dig, the Lucasarts foray into point and click sci-fi adventure

this is a clearly dumb derail and i'm dumb for continuing it

stringless has issued a correction as of 17:49 on Mar 17, 2024

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

sid meiers alpha centauri

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
ecco the dolphin

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Elissimpark posted:

God Hand.

The basic story is pretty trope-y (defeat the big evil demon) but the way it gets there is pretty funny.

I still laugh at how olivia's secret clan, that was to carry on the legacy of the hero with the power of god in his arms, decided the best way to do that was to lop said arms off his corpse and attach them to convenient amputees

wait, this isn't the video games thread, what the gently caress are you people doing. oh well. time to go listen to broncobuster, yet oh see mind, devil may sly, and battery size d again

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

World War Mammories posted:

I still laugh at how olivia's secret clan, that was to carry on the legacy of the hero with the power of god in his arms, decided the best way to do that was to lop said arms off his corpse and attach them to convenient amputees

wait, this isn't the video games thread, what the gently caress are you people doing. oh well. time to go listen to broncobuster, yet oh see mind, devil may sly, and battery size d again
look, they got these two arms right here with the power of god in 'em, what do you suggest they do with them?

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Dwarf Fortress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Spergin Morlock posted:

I'd enlist if I was guaranteed a short latina drill Sargent