Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
is being guillotined covered by obamacare y/n

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Modest Mao posted:

hunt 'em down and poke 'em with hep C I say

a fairly mild take for this thread

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Modest Mao posted:

is being guillotined covered by obamacare y/n

not Obamacare no, but any single payer system will certainly acknowledge capitalism as a pre-existing condition and will ensure that proper treatment is administered.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

considering how the last two presidents were war criminals maybe they shouldn't get cancer treatment

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

considering how the last two presidents were war criminals maybe they shouldn't get cancer treatment

Wish I'd thought of this.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Taintrunner posted:

considering how the last two five presidents were war criminals maybe they shouldn't get cancer treatment

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

considering how all presidents were war criminals maybe they shouldn't get cancer treatment

Except maybe Harrison RIP in peace

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

C. Everett Koop posted:

Except maybe Harrison RIP in peace

harrison fought tecumseh before becoming president so im gonna assume warcrimes went down somewhere

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Since no one has pointed it out, we wouldn't in fact need to go broke for everyone with cancer in the US to receive treatment.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

http://www.jta.org/2017/05/08/arts-entertainment/fidget-spinner-inventor-was-motivated-to-stop-palestinians-from-throwing-rocks-at-israelis

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Guess we should take these more seriously

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

hey, if you accuse the zionists of everything under the sun, you're bound to hit it on the nose once in a while

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

get that OUT of my face posted:

hey, if you accuse the zionists of everything under the sun, you're bound to hit it on the nose once in a while

Hit it on the nose, huh?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/LanaDelRaytheon/status/879604333062631425

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Since no one has pointed it out, we wouldn't in fact need to go broke for everyone with cancer in the US to receive treatment.

Yes but how can I masturbate to the needless death of the poor if I don't concoct an elaborate fantasy that allows me to disconnect myself from any sort of relation or obligation to my fellow citizen???

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Hit it on the nose, huh?
lol well played

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

12th generation xerox of andy warhol got real into opiates

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

quote:

This weekend, at a lesbian march in Chicago, three women carrying Jewish pride flags — rainbow flags embossed with a Star of David — were kicked out of the celebration on the grounds that their flags were a “trigger.” An organizer of the Dyke March told the Windy City Times that the fabric “made people feel unsafe” and that she and the other members of the Dyke March collective didn’t want anything “that can inadvertently or advertently express Zionism” at the event.

Why? Largely because of Israel, the Jewish state, which today’s progressives see only as a vehicle for oppression of the Palestinians — no matter that Israel has repeatedly sought to meet Palestinian claims with peaceful compromise, and no matter that progressives hold no other country to the same standard. China may brutalize Buddhists in Tibet and Muslims in Xinjiang, while denying basic rights to the rest of its 1.3 billion citizens, but “woke” activists pushing intersectionality keep mum on all that.

One of the women who was asked to leave the Dyke March, Eleanor Shoshany Anderson, couldn’t understand why she was kicked out of an event that billed itself as intersectional. “The Dyke March is supposed to be intersectional,” she said. “I don’t know why my identity is excluded from that. I felt that, as a Jew, I am not welcome here.”

She isn’t. Because though intersectionality cloaks itself in the garb of humanism, it takes a Manichaean view of life in which there can only be oppressors and oppressed. To be a Jewish dyke, let alone one who deigns to support Israel, is a categorical impossibility, oppressor and oppressed in the same person.

We do not deserve this planet any more

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zeris posted:

I agree. I desperately seek to spread my taint on other worlds.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 10 days!)

StashAugustine posted:

harrison fought tecumseh before becoming president so im gonna assume warcrimes went down somewhere

Harrison was also a big fan of slavery and asked the federal government to get rid of the ban on slaves in the Northwest Ordinance. When they told him no he tried to circumvent it but failed and left the state in 1812.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Zeris posted:

i'm on a weekly email list about jewish food, cultural events, and news. this article was linked in the latest edition

maybe they should let the accused side have an opportunity to say that these accusations are dumb as hell, and that judaism =/= israel? you'd think a march that names itself for a slur against lesbians would know a thing or two about having thick skin but i guess not

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

quote:

Why? Largely because of Israel, the Jewish state, which today’s progressives see only as a vehicle for oppression of the Palestinians — no matter that Israel has repeatedly sought to meet Palestinian claims with peaceful compromise

lmfao

The last Israeli PM who made a good faith effort to negotiate was assassinated by a Zionist.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

civil war now

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

NOBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO MAKE ME FEEL UNSAFE

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Disagreeing with me makes me feel unsafe fyi

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
There's an amazing lack of self-reflection when someone complains that the presence of Jews makes them feel 'unsafe' but doesnt get far enough to think that maybe Jews feel even more unsafe when they are singled out and excluded for being Jews because its something that's happened to their people before pretty recently.

Or maybe they are thoughtful people but they just don't care how a Jew feels.

hakimashou has issued a correction as of 23:34 on Jul 5, 2017

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

hakimashou posted:

There's an amazing lack of self-reflection when someone complains that the presence of Jews makes them feel 'unsafe' but doesnt get far enough to think that maybe Jews feel even more unsafe when they are singled out and excluded for being Jews because its something that's happened to their people before pretty recently.

replace jews with black people and this is literally america.txt

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Gringostar posted:

replace jews with black people and this is literally america.txt

Replace Jew with literally anyone is this is identitypolitics.txt

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

hakimashou posted:

Wasn't it an accident and they thought she was a Zionist?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

hakimashou posted:

yes i'm well aware of your feelings on israel

hakimashou posted:

Won't be long now.

Before long it will only be three months. Three months until it's been fifteen years since anyone could regard the notion
of HAMAS or a similar Islamic terrorist org being tolerated and taken seriously. Fifteen years since palestininians lost their war.

Fifteen years is a long time, gettin fuckin old :/

Anyway, we haven't forgot. Git sum Israel. Do us proud.

Also, it won't be long now before the election. Hillary loves Israel, and if you took the time to explain it to Trump, he'd tell Israel to "just finish it, just get it done." It's going to be one or the other. Wait and see.

~Rip.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Wasn't it an accident and they thought she was a Zionist?

What is a zionist except a Jew who wants to be safe for a change?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

hakimashou posted:

Oh my loving god

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

hakimashou posted:

Jesus Christ get away from me

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

hakimashou posted:

It's 2017, and I am dying. The event horizon is a distant memory. Bury me at sea with fully unearned naval honours.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

hakimashou posted:

This is the high tide mark. Delete C-SPAM and ban us all. Scatter our posts to the winds and form the words ISRAEL HAS THE RIGHT TO DEFEND ITSELF from the ashes

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

hakimashou posted:

and we have a winner
it's not gonna get any hotter than this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Maybe it would be safer, in Israel, if we would stop running an apartheid regime and maybe let the Palestinians have buildings, or maybe even just olive trees? Perhaps, and this is just my opinion, but perhaps brutal state enforced oppression, is, actually, bad, and makes things worse for everyone but the arms dealers?