Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
This is from last page, but it seems to me that British people hate trans people even more than Americans. Like they have this real specific gross hate that's weird and yucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

indigi posted:

if I had the candy desk nobody is getting any of my loving candy

I'd fill it with necco wafers, the centrism of candy

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

You can pour ordinary gasoline over snow and set it on fire and it looks really pretty

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Where's the thread where I can complain about people not knowing just how much the US has hosed with Haiti??

We occupied them for basically 20 years last century just Marines running the place on martial law as an American colony for two decades. And that's not even the worst thing we ever did to them.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

When Elisha got made fun of for being bald by a group of rowdy teens, 2 bears came out and mauled 42 of the boys. Not 3 bears! Not 35 mauled kids! Not 7 bears! Not 58 mauled kids! 2 bears and 42 boys! 2 bears and 42 boys! Elisha prayed to God and He sent down a very specific wrath and any emendations of that story are a religious persecution in the commission of an atrocity.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The USSR in the Great Depression was doing great compared to the rest of the world which is why a bunch of foreigners came to live and work there and then they all got murdered or gulaged in the Great Purge of '37

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Further to the dumb 5-acre idea: people did this in the 1970s and, largely, found out that (A) farming is a skill that takes a great deal of education and practice and (B) in a collective, nobody ever does the poo poo jobs. There are surviving communes from the 1970s, but not many.

Further-furthermore, a lot of the land available in small lots in rural areas is available because it's unfarmable. No access to the road. No access to water. Turns into a swamp in the spring. That sort of thing.

An intentional community works if there's a harsh equitable rota system where the poo poo jobs are actually shared. Collectives fail because the leaders set themselves up as too good for the slop work. And then they exempt their cronies. Thats not because people in general are lazy, it's because a certain subset of sociopaths are lovely humans.

Teriyaki Hairpiece has issued a correction as of 05:55 on Aug 12, 2021

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

tokin opposition posted:

Going "volunteer" army so only the poor's actually die in war was one of the biggest win for the nation's bastards

Historically, the most evolved societies just keep their people happy by having foreign slave soldiers or mercenaries fight for them. No fuss, no muss.

Of course the mercenaries often end up taking control. Then they want a big pay raise. Or the slave soldiers end up taking control. And they are loving piiiiiiised.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

American folk religion seems to want SO BAD to create a system where there's clear rewards and punishments in the afterlife. Where you do good and you get your reward later. See: a specious idea of karma that's somehow been welded on to our religion. Everyone really really really wants some kind of cosmic points system and I don't loving get it. It's like we've all turned Catholic somehow.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Peter Daou Zen posted:

I liked the Good Place because it played with a lot of theories and questions I've struggled with a lot.

Good Place Ending spoiler!!!

like could a place be so perfect, you get bored with it? and really, really want to just. . .be Done, Forever ever?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Nice_Place_to_Visit

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

He's just shocked that American pig people show real uncensored unsimulated baseball right in public in front of so many people.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

People in the USSR had cartoons and video games and music and they had weddings and parties and danced and everything.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'd happily trade Thanksgiving for that Italian thing where everyone fucks off from work and goes to the beach for a month.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Remember how Ukraine gave up their nukes in exchange for a super serious promise from Russia that they'd never touch Crimea in any way???

I don't exactly think the Russians have held up their end

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

This is going back to the Nate Silver garbage from two pages ago but has anyone else noticed that a certain group of people have a visceral reaction to children wearing masks??

Like it just really riles some people up so much just the sight of a little kid in a mask. I don't get it or what causes it

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I wish Biden would fasttrack the rebuilding of I-95 in Wilmington in some corrupt way. It's got MLK boulevard all hosed up which makes it harder to get to or from the Joseph R. Biden, Jr. Railroad Station

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Grifting a bunch of pasty racist assholes into believing they've been chosen to be one of the few who get the privilege of learning great Western history and ideals at the University of Sacred Western Learning we get our provosts to kidnap them at night and sedate them and then when they wake up they're in an uncooled triple bunked dormitory at the French Guianan University of Western Learning and Sugarcane Plantation

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

paul_soccer12 posted:

Hot Takes breath of the wild is fun and not lovely

I hate weapon durability

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

For more information, consult Sunshine, the 1999 movie not the later sci-fi thing. It is 3 hours long and Ralph Fiennes plays a guy and then that guy's son and then that guy's son.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Wasn't one of Teddy Roosevelt's "safaris" just him hunting and killing Middle Eastern children?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Palladium posted:

not even trying anymore

Livorno? What is Livorno?? I know only Leghorn

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

RandolphCarter posted:

Foghorn Livorno

Aww I want it

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The only good sexuality is the one where you and somebody reach for each other and then the camera cuts to the curtains waving in the wind

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The Nazis murdered their political and racial enemies and the Soviets just used a pencil

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Orange Devil posted:

Remember when the US threw a hissy fit and cancelled Cuba?
E: nah

Teriyaki Hairpiece has issued a correction as of 07:11 on Mar 2, 2022

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Toilet is the best place to throw up, as long as you get it all in the toilet. And the secret to toilet vomiting is: use a chair. Bring a chair from somewhere into the bathroom and sit in it while you vomit. It's a real game-changer.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

It's every goddamn state, literally. They all have these bumpkin areas that believe they are the true whatever

I used to live in Maryland which has every kind of racist redneck rear end in a top hat, from the swamp-dwellers, to the waterbillies, to the mountain folk, and they are all convinced they're the only true Marylanders, and they all together make up about 1/3 of the state's population

Every loving state

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Truga posted:

they did use gas in combat, but only against the slav untermensch so :actually: it's perfectly fine, op, encouraged even

How did you get your hands on classified US Army documents from the 1950's??

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Boy, this is going to be a really bad week to go around insulting people's wives

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

This person has never heard about the satanic panic

Or the 80's at all

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

R. Guyovich posted:

you don't even have to go as far back as the '80s, gay marriage and lgbt rights in general became uncontroversial in record time but that just meant the right had to pretend not to care about it while they formulated a new strategy, which turned out to be the old strategy

Anti-gay stuff had always been around, but the AIDS crisis in the 80's poured gasoline on that particular fire

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Lincoln wasn't a Republican when he died, he was the leader of the National Union Party. Johnson was our last not Democratic or Republican president.

Teriyaki Hairpiece has issued a correction as of 16:21 on Apr 13, 2022

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The "African-Islamic" blob is really loving gross. That is not actually a cultural group you have there.

I'm thinking of the time I walked into a restaurant in a yuppie district 5-10 years ago and the special on the chalkboard was "African peasant stew"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Senator Mushbrain has on a bracelet they can't take off and if they leave the Senate then a really loud alarm goes off

Also they're in charge of who's allowed to have blood

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Synnr posted:

"I would simply win a nuclear exchange" says heritage foundation ghoul Seth Cropsey

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seth_Cropsey

Yeah, the US should've done a demonstration of the atom bomb to get the Japanese to surrender rather than just using it on a bunch of civilians, I agree

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I think it should be illegal

Teriyaki Hairpiece has issued a correction as of 19:33 on May 6, 2022

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I saw a liberal person on facebook posting a screencap from Twitter about that new Chinese train could take people from New York to Chicago in 2.5 hours "with no airport hassle"

The airport hassle is a problem we could get rid of way easier than building a high speed train. We could chuck the pointless security theater tomorrow. We could do all kinds of things to make flying suck less

It's classic centrist liberal MSNBC viewer bullshit where they don't even notice the obvious poo poo they're ignoring

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

My hot take is: no security checkpoints, no bullshit. Same security as at a train station or bus terminal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

If even one precious Parking Lot is harmed by this theoretical Chinese style railway system we must discard it. This nation is founded on Parking Lots and exists to protect and evangelize them to the world

Almost every parking problem in this country could be solved by underground garages but Americans are too cheap and lazy