Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Truga posted:

a 1 gram precision kitchen scale costs literally $3 on amazon lol. american measurements are just loving insane

also, it’s ok to eyeball stuff when cooking savory foods. just adjust the taste as you go. you need precision mostly when dealing with sweets and with baking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

please don’t watch the ballad of narayama stoned, tia

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Whatever gets more millennials killed, I guess

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Grognan posted:

all of these are fear factor entrees but I would like to try number four

number five, just imagine the farts, as a joke, hahahahaha

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Michael Crichton, the Jurassic Park/Sphere/Timeline/etc dude, is 6'10"

Sure, If you can balance all the bones one on top of another

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

Is Aeroflot still banned in Europe and the US?

Yes. And they’re not doing amazing at home either, having to cannibalize jets for parts. But they have found a solution for their reliability problems by banning the crews from logging malfunctions. At least they’re resuming their flights to Cuba soon.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Napoleon was generally considered the worst person in history until Hitler went for the top spot.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Adam Tooze is a treasure, his Wages of Destruction is so amazing and completely demolishes the myth of the economically successful Reich

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

I mean couldn't the US give their people healthcare and educations and still buy bananas from China and India (where they mostly buy bananas from)?

I know a dude who is a serious public health scholar and he says all available research points to Americans being against socialized healthcare because black people would get it. So no, not doable.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

idk, the exile?

on one hand they wrote terrible sex abuse fantasies and ran a Limonov column, but on the other hand they made a black market horse cum pie and slammed it into the face of an NYT (?) correspondent, so who can say whether they were good or bad

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

here we see the grotesque american ideas of race at play, casting a half indo-aryan, half english actress as non-white.

her german ancestors must be rolling in their graves

*busts out calipers* She’s obviously Dravidian

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Also the versificator knocks out better tunes than Chat GPT

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Shageletic posted:

I guess the dude is a convert from some unnamed protestant denomination?

https://twitter.com/ShaneSchaetzel/status/1775972906612179220

Lol

But Lutheranism is Reformed, not Protestant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

fermun posted:

isn't lutheranism by definition protestant and reformed is just calvanism?

My source is Diarmaid MacCulloch FWIW. according to him, Luther was Reformist because he wanted to reform the Catholic Church and revert to its previous sanctity or whatever. Calvin was a Protestant because he wanted to :sever: