Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

the take, she sizzles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Jonathan Fisk posted:

do these people think animals can consent or do they just not care

If animal consent was relevant we wouldn't be eating them.

There's no principled reason to oppose bestiality unless you're a vegan or like, religious and you believe sex is ordained by God for marriage.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

You can ride a horse but you can't ride a horse it's obvious bullshit

I don't gently caress animals but I can spot a bad argument when I see it.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

They give you a paycheck for killing a cow and a jail sentence for loving one.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Astrology is a way for systems-brained women to nerd out about charts without having to deal with men.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Karl posted:

The abolition of astrology as the illusory chart-nerding of women is the demand for their real happiness. To call on them to give up their illusions about the Zodiac is to call on men to stop being assholes.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

so devoted to john bolton you wrap around into stalin apologia

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

ignore all the cheap tweets

this is a hot take for the refined palate

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Utilitarian Brian Tomasik is a pretty normal American liberal on day to day politics. However!

Brian Tomasik posted:

Downsides of liberal politicians include the following:

By expanding education and scientific research, they make it more likely that humanity will ultimately develop AI and colonize space, which will vastly increase suffering.

Liberal politicians are more environmentalist and hence tend to increase wild-animal suffering.

[...]

He thinks habitat destruction is good because most animals' lives are net suffering and it would be better if they were never born.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

Its always fun to see this and try to figure where on the Marxism/Christianity good/bad quadrant they are
holy poo poo

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

vyelkin posted:

I like how when challenged on the claim that Biden's platform is "the most progressive policy platform in human history" people responded by saying "oh yeah why don't you point to a more progressive Democratic Party platform then?"

as if the only humans in all of history are the presidential nominees of the American Democratic Party

1972 Democratic Platform:

quote:

Full employment—a guaranteed job for all—is the primary economic objective of the Democratic Party.

To create a system of "recession insurance" for states and localities to replace lost local revenues with federal funds in economic downturns, thereby avoiding reduction in public employment or public services;

Establish a system of universal National Health Insurance which covers all Americans with a comprehensive set of benefits including preventive medicine, mental and emotional disorders, and complete protection against catastrophic costs, and in which the rule of free choice for both provider and consumer is protected. The program should be federally-financed and federally-administered. Every American must know he can afford the cost of health care whether given in a hospital or a doctor's office;

Repeal of section 14(b), which allows states to legislate the open shop and remove the ban on common-sites picketing;

The federal government to fund comprehensive development child care programs that will be family centered, locally controlled and universally available.

To use the full faith and credit of the Treasury to provide direct, low-interest loans to finance the construction and purchase of decent housing for the American people; and

We are determined that our government must no longer tap the phones of law-abiding citizens nor spy on those who have broken no law.

Poor people, like all Americans, should be represented at all levels of the Democratic Party in reasonable proportion of their numbers in the general population. Affirmative action must be taken to ensure their representation at every level.

The federal government must protect the right of tenants to organize tenant organizations and negotiate collective bargaining agreements with private landlords and encourage the participation of the tenants in the management and control of all subsidized housing.

We can protect all people without undermining fundamental liberties by ceasing to use "law and order" as justification for repression and political persecution, and by ceasing to use stop-gap measures as preventive detention, "no-knock" entry, surveillance, promiscuous and unauthorized use of wire taps, harassment, and secret dossiers; and The problems of crime and drug abuse cannot be isolated from the social and economic conditions that give rise to them.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

lol yes please use this not "patriotpost"

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Breakfast All Day posted:

crystalize bonds between its peoples
:eyepop:

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

i don't know if this is "hot" or "too nuanced a discussion for tiktok"

e: for context i fuckin hate god

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

The brit milah makes a visual mark of the Abrahamic covenant, intended to distinguish the Jewish people. Gentiles getting circumcised is thus antisemitic stolen valor.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

AOC is a lot like Natalie Wynne, insofar as I don't have whatever other people have in their endocrine system that lets them be mad at her every waking moment of every day.
i'm convinced it's sexual pathology

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

and i'm all for making GBS threads on AOC

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Mantis42 posted:

horseback riding is just falconry for women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007