Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

114 people die every minute, 25% of the world population lives under Marxist-Leninist governments, wow, that's 41,000 victims of communism every day.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Pierre Bourdieu did the same thing in the 70s but included like jazz records and novels. I bet rich people like to signal their standards of taste with art and landscaping too—can I have a research grant now?

Yes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

it's been like 170 years and these mfers don't even have a competing theory of value, LOSERS

god's guiding hand corrects all markets towards social good in the long term. trust in the process

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spergin Morlock posted:

I don't think anyone considers the US to be a role model for democracy lol

i don't think we even rank on our own alphabet agency Standards of Democracy lists that get regularly published. but to confirm that I'd have to google something .

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

there was a ACAB hardliner guy I distinctly remember & loved who argued repeatedly that firefighters were an arm of the insurance industry and the vast majority of fires were arson started by "firefighters".

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Biden blew up Nordstream 2 and crushed the railroad unions. but whatever its all just fhe bourgeois the head rep doesnt make much difference.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

namesake posted:

Drinking is part addiction, part enjoyment, part escapism and part social bonding parsed through class barriers. Going for the best strength:cost ratio by buying bottom shelf whatever is a sign of alcoholism, getting dressed up and going for cocktails or drinking huge quantities of booze because it is strapped to your hands at a party is a social occasion. The aim isn't inherently focused on units of alcohol consumed, it's everything else around it.

I like beer OP.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

is zizek going senile or was he always like this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

All of the above. It's bad faith deployed like chaff whenever someone finds themselves in a position where they can't just say that giving up this or that little treat is a bridge too far without sounding like a piece of poo poo, but they still feel compelled to weigh in on behalf of some magical scenario they dreamed up. Happens basically every single time you ever see cars restricted from any space drivers feel entitled to (all spaces) for any reason as well. It's also a good example of why social media is completely worthless.

It's very popular and all over the place because it works like a charm, because enough people still think politics is about being kind and getting everybody to agree with you and hugging it out and time should always be spent bringing dishonest liberals on board.

the most infuriating version of this I run into IRL (I don't use any social media my only exposure is tweets posted on SA) is people who interject to delay or halt decisions on the basis of inclusivity. "We don't have the mandate to say this bc xyz group hasn't weighed in" or "this excludes xyz group [ignoring that the status quo is already excluding them] so we can't go forward with this". Trying to argue against these kind of framings makes you look like a real dick it's such a wild tactic. Usually used by people who genuinely feel like some kind of moral impulse (or I guess by actual wreckers but not something I've run across (yet))

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

the most dangerous people on public transportation are upper managers who couldn't get an uber to the airport on time

it's all the cops who wander in with one hand on their holster and the other w/ a phone

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

wealthy people are famous for preferring public transportation

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ikanreed posted:

Look, there is one hundred million years of evolution forcing men to learn to 360 noscope, while women evolved to match gemstones or candy

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_OIXfkXEj0

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Napoleon was a freakin chud.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

YaketySass posted:

well I've lost all respect I previously had for this guy

Lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol yeah but then you try to take a college class or go see a doctor

maybe we could like invade Harvard or coup the AMA

I would offer critical support to the FBI infiltrating ivy league & ama board of directors

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mantis42 posted:

What the gently caress is this community note

Lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Subjunctive posted:

what’s the Jacobin that’s not stupid? I get a subscription to Jacobin every year for Christmas (from someone who absolutely, unquestionably would not read it themselves; I assume they close one eye and shield their faces from god as they order it) and I’m happy to tell them to switch it to something less hit-and-miss. I just don’t know what is better, and it has the nice effect of riling up my brother-in-law when he sees “capitalism is a conspiracy” or whatever on the coffee table

Monthly Review is great. And is printed on like newspaper print

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

so what is michigan supposed to be

Canada, like wisconsin

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm getting owned by moronic clickbait but what text are you even analyzing to label the modern doom games as Leftist.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

don't a lot of kids get killed by cars on Halloween . Or am I just misremembering /inventing the idea since it sounds plausible.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"communist content creators" lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh that guy and those replies are serious. Despicable imperial cheerleading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a7m2 posted:

No it isn't. 新疆 "Xinjiang", short for 西域新疆 meaning "Western Regions New Frontier", was the name given to it by the Qing dynasty in the 18th century (and happens to predate the name "East Turkestan"). The ROC kept the name, calling it "Xinjiang Province" and the PRC government officially renamed it 新疆维吾尔自治区 "Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region" when they took over.

Call it East Turkestan or Uyghuristan if you'd like, but the name Xinjiang isn't some communist plot to keep the Uyghurs down

I disagree.