Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

welcome to kink club. u wanna be here, always follow the rules

1) u gotta talk about kink club

2) u GOTTA talk about kink club

3) if it's ur first day here, u gotta get peed on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

he is a professional opinion haver though I'm not sure who actually pays him. his job is to make fascists go "see, even the leftist Michael Tracey agrees with me!"

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

im on the net me boys posted:

I'm surprised anyone would so much as touch her with a ten foot pole, but rich people really don't have to learn from their mistakes

they want to touch her with much shorter poles

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Jose posted:

can you all shut the gently caress up about whether you'd rather have covid or hiv jfc

the simple fact is, it’s more survivable to be in a plane crash than catch COVID

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

reinvesting my wife for more wife in the interest of the wifeholders

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

YaketySass posted:

lol this guy's a pastor, what's his angle

competition to be The Cool Pastor Who Gets It is fierce. dressing like a 90s rocker no longer cuts it. the new frontier: saying Jesus is gay (and that’s bad)

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

hey now, he enlisted in the US National Guard and served 3.5 years in a combat zone (Iraq) as a communications guy, a forward observer, a doctor(!) and also as a staff officer for SOCOM, CENTCOM and EUCOM!! don't look too hard at any of that, BUY ALL HIS BOOKS

I was like “sure, sure, possible he was out with the FOs, wtf, wtf, lmao” in that order. If he just stopped at “I was a radio operator” he’d be fine. why do guys not just stop there

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

out of respect for the victims I want to be clear: there is NOTHING appealing about big boobed milfs. the only thing I want to “get busy with” is a better world

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

noah like reagan because he killed a bunch of gay people?

and a union

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

the good news about landfills is future generations will be mining them for the vast amounts of complex hydrocarbons and refined metals stored in them!

e: "have a good day in the salt farm honey, I'm off to the garbage mines"

also huge boons to future archeologists. Who will be the evolved hyper intelligent raccoons that build their civilization on the ashes of our world.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I really liked the Culture book about the conflict between the people who made hell real via AI versus the people who thought creating AI beings to be tortured eternally was bad. the main villain was basically space South African. ripped from the headlines.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

wait I thought an otter was just a hairy twink. I’ve been so misled

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

thrilled I don’t have to deplatform my nazi (trump voting) aunt anymore, since it turns out the nazis are just misunderstood.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

selec posted:

diagonalism as I understand it:

1. all power is conspiracy, no existing power structure is legitimate
2. the government is always lying
3. your intuitive understanding of the world is superior to what any expert you don’t agree with says.

3 is dicey but 1 and 2 are mostly correct.

Put another way believing the opposite of those three just makes people completely regular democrats. who have been, are, and will continue to be wrong about most elements of government and economic policy at the cost of tens of millions of lives and untold suffering.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

selec posted:

how do you get from 1 and 2 to “they’re going to send out a signal on everyone’s phone on October 4th that activates the nanites that will control everyone who got vaccinated” though?

I don’t, so consequently I don’t see it as a very useful framework to identify bad beliefs.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

more than that, since there’s no board or shareholders who can replace him if he doesn’t want them to. he’s more like a sole proprietor or the head of a messy, old family business

there’s a “board” called the roman curia and while they can’t fire the pope, they can murder him and get away with it

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

War and Pieces posted:

The board of the Catholic church is whoever controls the territory of Rome, i.e. the European Union

the 100 halberders of the Swiss guard versus the military might of the combined EU might be embarrassingly close

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

For added context Tyler Cowen is one of the dumbest columnists in American media. Just pig ignorant on everything and with maximum arrogance and not even in an original way.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Tankbuster posted:

Oh well, nitter is dead. Can't view poo poo anymore

I had no idea how much I was reading stuff via nitter until it died. Now I notice how little I have to read on my phone. I guess I’ll subscribe to a newspaper or magazine or something? sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

um, guy paid to say the army is good here. Actually, it’s very hurtful to say the Vietnam War involved murder