Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I.N.R.I posted:

i dont really get that because i think rape is good and it isnt something anyone should be blaming anyone for, i think if a woman gets raped then she should celebrate it and be empowered by it

what about a man? what's his name then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zeris posted:

We do not deserve this planet any more

I agree. I desperately seek to spread my taint on other worlds.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

qkkl posted:

No, because Ashkenazi couples could either support their children themselves, or had a community that could help them support their children (i.e. a poor father with lots of kids had a rich brother who helped support them). Ethiopian Jews didn't have those things, so if they had lots of children they would have grown up in very poor conditions. Remember that Israel wanted Ethiopian Jews to come to Israel so their lives would be better. Part of making their lives better was making sure they didn't have more kids then they could support.

Israel's non-consensual sterilization of 1st generation Ethiopian Jews was done in the Ethiopian Jews' best interests, not because they viewed them as racially undesirable.

Courtesy of the DnD I/P thread, which I love so very deerly

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah Im feeling a bit stumped when it comes to parodying that post. The IP thread is amazing

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
*faaaaaaart*

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dixie pride round the pro-slavery statue wide

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Paracaidas posted:

Look, if even one of the people fighting him is in Daesh, or knows someone affiliated with Daesh, then the horrific massacres, torture, and imprisonment can be explained and maybe even justified.

Even the ones that happened before the civil war.

not entirely sure this isn't ironic

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sometimes I wake up a night, and without prompting these questions just pop into my mind

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

NickRoweFillea posted:

the hell is the zog conspiracy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zionist_Occupation_Government_conspiracy_theory

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Oh yeah, imagine the dystopic world of not having the person at the cash register being forced to smile and pretend they like you.

Those are called manners.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

svenkatesh posted:

The war in Syria is a domestic matter. Other countries should not intervene, but should instead promote dialogue between parties.

ISIS was a trans-national movement that was exporting terrorism. Foreign intervention was warranted.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Volkerball posted:

Democracy is only good if it elects people we like, eh?

svenkatesh posted:

Is this a serious question? The answer is yes. What's the point of having democracy if the elected government's first step is going to be constitutional reforms that lead to absolute power (ala Egypt, after Morsi was elected), which inevitably is followed by persecuting minorities?

A secular strongman > democratically elected Islamist populist, any day of the week.

svenkatesh posted:

I'm not going to engage in counterfactuals because neither of us knows how Morsi's rule would've played out. If I had to throw wild guesses out (which I really don't want to do) he would've persecuted the Copts and installed himself as dictator for life after his democratic term ended. At that point, he would've dealt with protesters the same way every other Egyptian authoritarian has (that is, disappearances, torture, massacres).

I'm not sure why you characterize Morsi's constitutional fuckery to be a 'flailing attempt.' It makes the Muslim Brotherhood sound incompetent. If we accept your characterization (which, to be clear, I don't), would it be a good idea to have an incompetent government leading a pivotal Arab nation? Especially one that borders Israel? One that has a huge problem with terrorism in the Sinai?

svenkatesh posted:

Also, I'm not a fascist. Democracy works when a society's ideals and culture embrace liberalism (in the classical sense) and freedom.

Unfortunately, for much of the third world, that is not the case.

is this a bit lame? i found it incredibly funny is all

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

svenkatesh posted:

Agreed -- the European, and later American, genocide of the natives is not cool. Too bad I wasn't alive then, and SomethingAwful didn't exist back then either.

Re: the British. It took 2 centuries between the time that the English Parliament was formed and the passage of the Magna Carta. The Magna Carta was demanded by the people.

The only thing the citizenry in Syria and Egypt demand is an Islamist government that would persecute religious and ethnic minorities.

these are pipin hot tho

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

get that OUT of my face posted:

i posted this in the woke brands thread but it fits here too

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
im thinking someone may have misunderstood how aristocratic royalty works exactly

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
beats suicide. narrowly

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
should i stop plugging my own posts?

anyway, i told someone they can't have a war with russia cuz they got nukes

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

Okay. I am not sure why you would expect repeating the same thing but in caps is going to convince people.

I really didn't want to wade into comparisons with Nazi Germany, but as a more generally applicable notion - appeasement seldom works. It encourages aggressive parties to keep trying aggressive tactics in the future.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
no you see, he did intend to use CPR but he didn't mean CPOR

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Not killing yourself due to crippling depression is a question of pain tolerance. Eventually your capacity to withstand your brain telling you 'I want to die, kill yourself now' on a constant loop, will run out. If you really do insist on cumming up with a moral opinion on someone offing themselves without being an arrogant oval office about it, you're going to be looking at what he did to medicate and seek help before painting the walls with themselves.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wanna see lots of guns going 'boom'

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Volkerball posted:

Truth is if the west was looking to influence the aftermath of a hypothetical Iranian revolution, it'd most likely be by backing Reza Pahlavi as the figurehead of what would be framed as the first steps towards a new secular democracy. Not the MEK.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Platystemon posted:

You’d think we’d be able to get libertarians on board with the fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage.

It is, after all, fifteen.

too old for most, gotta get them under 10

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Flesh Forge posted:

they literally want no minimum

of course, but politics is an excercise in compromise yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FacelessVoid posted:

Thinking humans have an innate need to cause suffering is extremely alien and hosed up to me. Rather, we just have a finite capacity for empathy and view some amount of suffering as inevitable. I doubt even psychopathic individuals get a kick off of buying meat because of the suffering involved. Meat is what their taste buds are used to and they rationalize it away as somehow necessary. I doubt most people think about where their food comes from--least of all psychopaths.

actually, if you read psychological investigations of famous 20th century cannibal murderers, in a number of cases, picturing and reliving the suffering caused is a major part of the pleasure felt by the psychopath when consuming the meat of the victim