Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

"normalizing Putin" is a very funny way of putting it, like, he's been president for 17 of the last 21 years (and obviously was still in charge when he was prime minister). ah no heaven forfend, people might get used to thjis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

it's a cum vase people

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

quote:

We must firmly reject the existence of the Nakba, the foundational Palestinian myth. It never happened. There was no systematic “expulsion” of Palestinians from their homes by Jewish people or by Israel.

We must firmly reject the existence of a Palestinian movement. There is no Palestinian movement. The collection of activities falsely labeled as such has been demonstrated to be a pure anti-Semitic outburst that does not meet the criteria of a movement.

We must firmly reject Palestinianism in all shapes and forms. No expressions of “solidarity” with them will be tolerated. No sympathy given. No understanding. No forums. No Zooming with Axis operatives.

hes so cool lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Polish moment

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

lumpenpmc... her brain is so beautiful

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

max blumenthal voice: they're turning the assads gay folks

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

force jews to relinquish their national pride? hang on now isn't it antisemitism to conflate israel and jews?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

can you not just get divorced in the uk? what's the problem?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

holy poo poo lol

quote:

In order to be granted a divorce in England or Wales, the Court needs to be convinced that the marriage has irretrievably broken down, to a point where it can't be saved.

Under current laws, unless a couple lives separately for at least 2 years they can only get a divorce if one person blames the other for this irretrievable breakdown of their marriage, and this must fall into the category of either adultery or unreasonable behaviour.

These blame-based options are two of 5 legally recognised reasons for the breakdown of a marriage under current laws.

what a hosed up island

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

according to wikipedia (as much research as i want to put into this sorry) all 50 states and DC allow for no fault divorce, the last state to enact it being new york in 2010

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

1792! paris! are you jean-paul marat sir?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

this is the real struggle for independence day weekend

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

left wing capital is really funny but this take also rocks https://twitter.com/aimeeterese/status/1411665526556745728

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the only real countries are ethnically homogeneous nation-states, is definitely a take

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

a lot of the pollution being credited back to oil and gas companies is, like, power generation and transportation. like if you gas your car up at shell, the "100 companies produce 90% of all pollution" list would credit those emissions to shell.

of course one person changing their consumption patterns isn't going to do anything but aggregate production and consumption patterns absolutely need to change, and that includes transportation and residential power use.

but that will also never change under capitalism because it makes money! we cant allow profits to go down for ANY reason.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i think they;re bad

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

its especially ghoulish in the context of all the child mass graves being discovered at canadian residential schools (perhaps mentioned in the article, i didnt read it)

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

its also my position that the ussr began its slide to revisionism beginning with khrushchevs secret speech, really makes you think

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

it's so funny to think about a guy reaching the correct conclusion that the nigerian government is bad but he reached it because he saw an ethnic map of the country and assumed it was an empire ruled by the abujan race

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

they're just missing a few words, it should be "in back of the protests in cuba, beware us imperialism""

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

degrowth, as in lowering some "living standards" in the first world (sorry you can't live in a 4k square foot exurban box, keep the ac at 65, and commute 30 miles each way), is good and correct. degrowth, as in the fecund peoples of darkest africa and the inscrutable orient must be stopped from reproducing lest we be overwhelmed with population growth, is insanely racist and also very incorrect.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

indigi posted:

yes this is why I limited its worth to the first world and said it was only worthwhile as a supplemental guiding principle no a primary ideology

yeah i was agreeing with you!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

while it is important to properly manage weight during cutting adn bulking, one must at all costs avoid degrowth

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

well yeah if your history knowledge is from paradox games you would definitely know that the habsburg/austrian/austro-hungarian empire was indeed very powerful for some time

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

HashtagGirlboss posted:

If you follow the thread he seems to be aware the HRE and such was a thing but dismisses it because Austria didn’t have extensive overseas colonies

neither did the russian empire lol, guess they've never been much of a powerful country either. hell even germany barely had any overseas colonies at the eve of ww1 (although they were extraordinarily brutal and genocidal in what few they did have)

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i'm pretty sure it's aland, which is like less than 100 miles from the finnish mainland

full of swedes though, yuck

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

dang it really is true that social democracy is the list left wing of fascism, it's being recognized more and more

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

he sounds based

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

mycomancy posted:

The further we get away from the Cold War and the associated Red Scare the more and more it looks like the Soviet Union saved the world from fascism, and to thank them for that the entire west hosed them over until they collapsed, but not before the Soviets transformed a peasant country who were plowing fields with wooden plows and oxen to a nuclear superpower who won the space race in a little over 50 years.

i think its clear that the bad guys won the cold war, in my opinion

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the problem with leaving any romanov alive is that it would give a figure for monarchist forces to rally around. and this all happened like while the russian civil war was taking place, the victory of the bolsheviks was by no means assured. not all of the whites were monarchists but there certainly were a lot of monarchists fighting the bolsheviks, notably wrangel!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

im not lobbying, im a sincere dupe for empire!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the rich, allied with unemployed, versus business owners and post-left podcasters

you can also tell aimee hasnt actually read marx and engels because she is crying about the destruction of the nuclear family, which engels especially was very critical of!

also loling and remembering when aimee demonstrated a very powerful understanding of commodity fetishism

https://twitter.com/aimeeterese/status/1190683064558424064

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i would imagine that the top american baseball players would not actually be very good at cricket, because cricket and baseball are different sports with differnet rules

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

no idea how old that guys mom is but mine is definitely at an age where not hearing from her every so often is cause for concern

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

to me, it's weird to put your parents names in their instead of mom or dad

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

astaghfirullah

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

to me, its important to wash the thing that poo poo comes out of.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i like south africa being so welcoming lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

Kadets stirring up trouble again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

genetically, it's not possible for non-chiense people to live in china