Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should go #1 overall?
This poll is closed.
Nolan Patrick 7 12.50%
Nico Hischier 8 14.29%
Someone Else 2 3.57%
Edmonton Oilers 39 69.64%
Total: 56 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
watching highlights of Nick Suzuki... man I kind of wish the nucks would trade down to try and get him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

I'm bought in to Pronmann's argument about age re: Suzuki.

what would that be?

Vilardi is the other player I'd like to see the nucks take - and both are august 99

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

There's talk that he's Benning's target. He announced the other day that they need a 50-60 point defenceman because apparently they grow on trees and we'll fashion a new 1st line centre from bits of old bark and Henrik's hair clippings or something.

seems like he'd take Liljegren over Makar, but maybe Dallas or Colorado takes that option off the table

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Unfortunately I think unless Vegas trades up to snag someone else I suspect their first pick'll be Glass

Vegas is picking after the canucks

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I know, but based on what ThinkTank's said they're grabbing a d-man

Oh - why is that unfortunate?

I... don't know that the canucks do that though. I think if both Dallas and Colorado pick D-men, which they both need, the Canucks will opt for a C. I'm not sure I see Benning passing up Mittelstadt though if he's still available tbh

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Okay I see. I completely misread your post and thought you were saying it's unfortunate that Vegas might take Glass.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

I have no faith in the man

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

there's going to be at least 1 of the top D picks available at Vancouver's position, I doubt the Devils/Flyers aren't going to take whichever is available of Patrick/Hischier. If the Stars/Avs both take D they'll be choosing (imo) from Makar/Heiskanen/Liljegren.

gonna really depend on how highly ranked that remaining D is for Vancouver if that happens.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

oh I don't want them to take a D-man. Blue Team Needs Forwards Badly

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

any reason why he's not getting more hype despite being the youngest player in his class and putting up PPG with yamamoto? or am i just not reading the right places. i think only ThinkTank has mentioned him here?

aside from his size? Not really. Here's the canucks army take on him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

If Yamamoto is still available take him over Anderson-Dolan - but if he were still available at 33 I know who I'd want the canucks to be drafting

• Locked thread