Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should go #1 overall?
This poll is closed.
Nolan Patrick 7 12.50%
Nico Hischier 8 14.29%
Someone Else 2 3.57%
Edmonton Oilers 39 69.64%
Total: 56 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i hope yamamoto falls to the rangers and they pick him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i'd also like it if we traded up to get liljegren

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
timmins and hague seem to be popular picks for the rangers in mock drafts. i like timmins, hague i'm not too sure about. his skating seems sort of suspect to me.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Verviticus posted:

botch seems to think bennings gonna go for glass, which is fine by me. ultimately i really wanted pettersson but glass will do just fine

it's benning so are you sure he's not actually talking about bringing tanner glass back to vancouver

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
don't really get his being down on timmins, although i get why he's not big on hague

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i'd like it very much if the rangers were to pick kostin or yamamoto at 21, where they will both be available by most projections. and i'd like for someone to take hague before then so that they don't get tempted, because that would be a very rangers pick.

poehling would also be a very rangers pick and i don't know how i feel about him really, but a decent amount of projections i've seen have them taking him. or ratcliffe, who i don't really know anything about

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

ThinkTank posted:

Button released his final rankings. He's reaaallly high on Cale Makar

http://www.tsn.ca/live/talent/craig-s-list-final-ranking-1.294692

those are some weird rankings. i agree with being somewhat down on hague and rasmussen but i've never seen anyone THAT down on them

e: jesus i didn't even see how low he had tippett. what the hell

a false fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jun 7, 2017

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

ThinkTank posted:

He had Virtanen ranked as a mid second round pick at a time when everyone else had him pegged top ten because of hitz and goalz and if anything he was too kind to crap hole Jake.

fwiw i also remember him being extremely high on zach fucale because he's a goalie that Just Wins

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
nick suzuki could definitely end up being an anze kopitar/patrice bergeron, imo

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i guess i should prepare for the rangers to select hague, who i think probably sucks, but at least he has some numbers to go with his Size so maybe he's not that bad

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
even if you like makar that much, why wouldn't you trade down? surely you could get something of value from one of the lovely teams that didn't win the lottery in exchange for giving them a chance at hischier.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
if you're, say, dallas, would you not offer something like dickinson or gurianov to new jersey for the chance to move up and pick hischier? maybe nichushkin's rights if jersey could guarantee him big minutes (and why wouldn't they at this point) and it was guaranteed that he'd come over if offered minutes. if makar is jersey's guy i don't see why they wouldn't do that.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
what time draft start

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

what