Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should go #1 overall?
This poll is closed.
Nolan Patrick 7 12.50%
Nico Hischier 8 14.29%
Someone Else 2 3.57%
Edmonton Oilers 39 69.64%
Total: 56 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It makes me sad Miroslav never wore #66. He did score 224 goals in 8 years with Buffalo.

I mean, HFBoards also think Tom Barrasso is more HOF worthy than Kiprusoff. Which I cannot agree with. I know Tom had more wins and cups than Mikka, but he played for an insanely stacked team and had a worse GAA and SV Pct.
For the same reason that it's dumb as hell to compare forwards stats between generations like that, using GAA and Sv% to compare a goalie who peaked in the 80's and 90's to a goalie who peaked in the 2000's is ridiculous. Barrasso was a top goalie in Buffalo before he went to Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh was not a good team when he got there or for most of his seasons there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
The barrier for "nothing left to learn in the CHL" is really, really high.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Yakupov was a super high level prospect and didn't have many complaints besides his injury, which wasn't a significant one. He was at least a better scorer than Patrick or Hischier.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I don't think Bob's misrepresenting anything in that video.

I think he's been pretty forward in the past. Like I think he was the first guy who said that St. Louis is definitely picking Johnson and was among the earliest who said that Chicago was going with Kane and Colorado was going with MacKinnon, all drafts where you could've dramatized the #1 pick.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Makar probably won't even crack the top 10 much less go #1
Ive looked at a dozen things today all which had him going at #4

• Locked thread