Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I've had a real thing lately for some Based On A True Story/True Events movies. I guess it helps that Michael Lewis books translate favorably to film, but also there are many others unrelated to Markets Being Bad or whatever. Here are a sample of some I've watched that I liked quite a bit

The Big Short
Spotlight
The Founder
Moneyball
JFK / Nixon / W.

That Madoff movie coming on HBO this month might be good, too.

What's a movie I should watch that's kind of a documentary but not actually?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
CNBC's Madoff Movie was better than HBO's Madoff Movie, but they both mostly told the story of life after the confession and arrest, and not the Actually Interesting poo poo that led up to it. They're both pretty good, but not places to go if you want to hear most of the story of what happened.

• Locked thread