Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
You gotta think that the Ovechkin era is pretty much over at this point. I mean I don't see how the franchise can just continue on like nothing is wrong. I'm not even saying it's his fault or anything just there's something this team just lacks when it comes to the postseason and if we couldn't beat a Penguins team that was reeling like this one was, well it's just not going to happen. And frankly if it wasn't the Penguins that did them in, it would've been some other team. This team in this era will not win a Stanley Cup. It's better to recognize that, blow the thing up and try to build something that will than keep running into the same brick wall each and every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Eric the Mauve posted:

If one puck had bounced Detroit's way in 2009 and Tampa's way last year then that series of tweets is EXACTLY what people would be tweeting about Sidney Crosby.

Like word for word exactly.

I dislike Ovechkin and will be happy if he never wins the Cup, but that's because of the constant unrepentant cheap shots, not because of any Not A Winning Player bullshit

I don't think he's "not a winning player" or that such a thing exists, just that it might be better if the Caps moved on from this era. It's one thing to not win a cup, it's another to not even be able to pass the second round of the playoffs. At some point, you have to make major changes.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Look Around You posted:

I'm legitimately interested in how the Caps react this offseason. Will they blow it up? Do they fire Trotz? Or their GM? :iiam:

They probably won't do anything and I can't criticize them for it. It's a baffling situation. It seems like they've done everything right, they fired their old GM, fired coaches, brought in more players, fixed their weaknesses. And they STILL can't get anywhere. What do you do? Who do you bring in or get rid of? Can the team possibly get any better than it already is? I guess the Capitals aren't the only team that's found themselves in this situation before. There are teams like the Sharks and Blues who have these same problems. I don't know what the solution is. But it sure would be nice if one year this same old poo poo didn't happen.

• Locked thread