Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
308 Maya Rudolph is such a treasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
I love the new season but season 2 is still the best for me.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

God Amy Sedaris is a loving treasure. In the first episode of this season:

Kimmy: Divorce papers... from you-know-who.
Amy: Nice try, I know that means Voldemort! And now I know he's single.

laughed way too hard

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

drunken officeparty posted:

I am questioning my ability to even enjoy the new season because he is loving terrible at this point. And I'm only on episode 3. Ep2 with the dumb unfunny music videos almost made me just shut it off and not watch the rest.

How dare you insult Queen Bey by not irrationally loving anything tangentially connected to Her. Y'all don't know what it's like, fam.

(I have no idea what it's like to be a megarich person, no.)

PostNouveau posted:

I had to turn on the closed captioning to understand Lillian.

She sounds perfectly cromulent.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.

The Berzerker posted:

laughed way too hard

Holy hell. I totally didn't catch "you-know-who" in connection... seemed totally random. I'm an idiot.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

The Berzerker posted:

laughed way too hard

She, along with Lillian, are the two worst parts of the show by far.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

CelestialScribe posted:

She, along with Lillian, are the two worst parts of the show by far.

She's awful I agree, but Lillian is amazing.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

amy sedaris' character is only saved by being played by amy sedaris

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Amy Sedaris' character is hilarious, and all her lines are amazing.

But is she only in the first episode? I'm through 8 and she hasn't shown up again :(

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

PostNouveau posted:

Amy Sedaris' character is hilarious, and all her lines are amazing.

But is she only in the first episode? I'm through 8 and she hasn't shown up again :(

She's in another.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Just finished 305 and Kimmy tackling the FBI agents and magically stealing their guns made me pause the show from laughing too much

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Axel Serenity posted:

Just finished 305 and Kimmy tackling the FBI agents and magically stealing their guns made me pause the show from laughing too much

Kimmy being stupid strong is the better recurring joke of the show

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

drunken officeparty posted:

Kimmy being stupid strong is the better recurring joke of the show

This show is ripe for incredible recurring jokes, like the apartment being a tugboat and Titus not knowing what fruit is.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
A lot of the shots with people speaking and the back of their heads don't match up.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

The Berzerker posted:

laughed way too hard

Yeah this has been one of my favorite jokes 3 episodes in. Amy Sedaris needs her own show again, get on it netflix.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I just finished the season, and imo this is the best one yet. It felt a bit more even to me, and it also handled all the plot threads better. and continued to be a surreal joke machine in the grand zany tradition of 30 Rock.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Man, between her role as Princess Caroline on Bojan Horseman and her part as Mimi on this show Amy Sedaris has done very well for her self when it comes to Netflix original programing.

Anyway, I loved season 3 and I'm looking forward to season 4. I kind of wish Titus and Mikey hadn't broken up though, I really enjoy how they bounce off each other.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I'm only three episodes into this season but I'm starting to think that I only really liked the first season but the rest just isn't really for me. The amount of focus Titus gets feels like overkill, which is a shame because he's a great supporting character. In fact, I feel that way about the entire main cast other than Kimmy. They all feel like characters that should be kept to supporting roles, but instead they all get equal focus and their shtick feels very played out already, like they've already run of ways to surprise the audience with them.

I hate the way every episode has me questioning if I accidentally skipped a few episodes or forgot major plot points, but I didn't - the overarching story is just all over the place to the point where it seems like it would be better off in a standalone episode format with no serialization.

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

Every brand they had a bag for was one of the knock offs from 30 Rock's off-brandheelz.com and also Vittane, an exclusive men's brand in 30 Rock. Titus also talks about someone named D'fwan which was his character on 30 Rock. A lot of 30 Rock actors and jokes this season.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

McPhearson posted:

Every brand they had a bag for was one of the knock offs from 30 Rock's off-brandheelz.com and also Vittane, an exclusive men's brand in 30 Rock. Titus also talks about someone named D'fwan which was his character on 30 Rock. A lot of 30 Rock actors and jokes this season.

Yeah Lutz shows up with a mustache as someone who works on the cruise ship with Dionne Warwick, and Frank with a beard and no hat is the dude Titus does the album for. I didn't recognize either at first glance.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah Lutz shows up with a mustache as someone who works on the cruise ship with Dionne Warwick, and Frank with a beard and no hat is the dude Titus does the album for. I didn't recognize either at first glance.

Yeah I only recognized Frank because of his voice. Pete, on the other hand, was unmistakable at first glance.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Chris Parnell (Dr Spaceman, among many, many other roles out there) is one of the board members in episode 11, and Rachel Dratch is also in that episode, I think.

I think that's all the rest of the main 30 Rock cameos this season, other than Tina Fey, of course.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i think the actress who played pete's wife was the lady board member with the flag bra

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

I can't get "Boobs in California" out of my head.

I liked this season more than the last. It seemed more rapid-fire and light-hearted, which is what I liked so much about Season 1 and 30 Rock.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
They're going to execute my best man in three days! They're out of drugs so they're just gonna throw him off the roof.

Holy poo poo where was John Hamm discovered?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Tracy's fake son plays the choir director.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Gaylord Felcher from 30 Rock is the weatherman.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
302 These songs are incredible and holy gently caress I love how this show deals so maturely with these incredibly commonplace but devastating events like not letting your trauma define you, not letting people who are not worth it back into your life or letting someone go because it's what's best

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I like how it seems like Kimmy's freakish strength went from amusing background gags to an actual plot point

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Lemon party in 30 Rock and goatse in here. Tina Fey loves sneaking in this poo poo doesn't she

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Where do I get myself a Washington Guntakers jersey?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I think that you can only get so much mileage out of the "I've been trapped in a bunker for fifteen years what are iPhones" bit.

It makes sense to give the other characters more screen time, it actually protects Kimmy from getting stale.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

If you did not enjoy Lemonade Titus you will not enjoy this season

I enjoyed that and I'm only barely aware of what it was referencing.

Fantastic season. I totally disagree with the guy that says it feels like it got wrapped up, Lillian, Jacqueline, and Titus' plots are on cliffhangers or transitions and Kimmy got her dream job but who knows how that really goes?

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

307: "Lillian enters as Titus crosses to his bedroom."

God I love this meta poo poo. It's like a big gooey candy.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Lemon party in 30 Rock and goatse in here. Tina Fey loves sneaking in this poo poo doesn't she

don't forget harriet tubgirl

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Only halfway through but woof I'm burned out on Lillian. Everything with her just falls flat with me, and half the time in that filibuster episode I couldn't even understand what she was saying. Rest of the show is dope though

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Mandrel posted:

Only halfway through but woof I'm burned out on Lillian. Everything with her just falls flat with me, and half the time in that filibuster episode I couldn't even understand what she was saying. Rest of the show is dope though

Does she have a speech impediment? I'm seriously asking. Her method of talking is really really strange.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

That's the character you guys...

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
The Washington Guntakers scene felt off. Like it was an snl sketch stuck in the middle of the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Shneak posted:

This show is ripe for incredible recurring jokes, like the apartment being a tugboat and Titus not knowing what fruit is.

Olympic Athletes Are Lazy

• Locked thread