Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
drat they pack the jokes in tightly in this show. It's hard to keep up and I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Hmm, not sure if I enjoyed this season. First few episodes were frantically paced, then they kind of ran out of steam. The worst episodes were probably

The ending feels semi-wrapped up. Like they aren't sure whether they could be bothered with another season so ended it with plots nobody would care about. So much of the stuff from season 2 that seemed promising kinda fizzled out.

Also, not nearly enough musical numbers.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

I also found the whole Russ thing to be just bizarre. Like they build up this whole thing about taking down the Redskins, then every thread of their plot feels dropped off. The fact that he wasn't really involved in it at all, the whole trickster god thing being something that went nowhere, and the solution ending up coming from something at the very end felt like they had no long term plan for it, and just kinda winged it by episode.

Yeah the Russ storyline really bothered me. We saw some big character growth for Jacqueline last season as she fell in love with him. I liked the character and wanted to see how their relationship would work out and now that character development feels like it hasn't gone anywhere. His awful family were also hilarious and I assume won't be in it anymore, which is a shame because this show does rich people are terrible jokes so well.

The Perry storyline was just plain weird. You could have removed all his scenes and it'd make little difference to the show.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

twistedmentat posted:

I feel like it was about how society generally tells women they're unattractive so you buy a product. I have an incredibly gorgeous friend who lives in Brooklyn and she is always telling me when I say she looks good that she is barely a 5 for NYC, a city full of models and actresses and women who look they're them.

Yep, when you move to a major city you instantly drop attractiveness points. I've lived in London and Paris and constantly felt like my appearance wasn't sleek and polished enough. Working in a city usually means spending more time and money on your appearance, so while Liz is pretty, she doesn't really have that NYC look and stands out.

• Locked thread