Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
13 episodes aren't enough :cry:

Season 3 was really amazing. I wasn't a huge fan of the second season, it had felt like they'd sort of lost their way and were having trouble figuring out how they wanted to move the show forward. The humor also seemed to suffer as a result.

This season felt like a surging return to form though. The jokes, man, the jokes. So loving clever and fast, it was like watching 30 Rock in its prime. I feel like they really benefited from a slightly longer hiatus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

Like, a big problem story wise I've seen with it is that they keep trying to bring up weird romance things with Kimmy, only to just drop them without any reason. What about the guy from season 2 who had to get the greencard marriage? Where was Perry during that entire time when she was forced out of college? And on that same line, though it was different to see him be cool with her, Perry's character seemed inconsistent. Like the problems he had with her seemed to just drop the minute neither of them were on screen together.

Perry's initial negative read of her (mostly spurred by her oblivious comment of "why don't you just get one of these full scholarships??") seem to drop when he spent some more time with her and 1: realized that she's just kind of an oblivious person and 2: that she's just as dirt poor as him. Also he googled her at some point.

I liked their relationship and thought the arc made sense.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Ignis posted:

Now that someone else bumped the thread and saved me from the shame of doing so, I want to take the opportunity to link to this

https://twitter.com/PluckyMomo/status/909583447110279168

Alec Baldwin is gonna get eaten, isn't he?

• Locked thread