Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

The Berzerker posted:

God Amy Sedaris is a loving treasure. In the first episode of this season:

Kimmy: Divorce papers... from you-know-who.
Amy: Nice try, I know that means Voldemort! And now I know he's single.

laughed way too hard

She, along with Lillian, are the two worst parts of the show by far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Mandrel posted:

Only halfway through but woof I'm burned out on Lillian. Everything with her just falls flat with me, and half the time in that filibuster episode I couldn't even understand what she was saying. Rest of the show is dope though

Does she have a speech impediment? I'm seriously asking. Her method of talking is really really strange.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

All the characters on this show are broken in one way or another, except Kimmy.

The character is from New York. That's one of the accents they have there.

Lillian is delightful.

That is not just an accent. There's something wrong with her voice.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Yeah not really. I haven't seen anyone pronounce words so badly.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
This season was funny but the weakest. Scrap Lillian's sub-plots and the stupid Redskins stuff. Make it Kimmy, Titus and Xanthippe focused like the first season was.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Ancillary Character posted:

The people complaining are probably the rich gentrifying types ruining NYC neighborhoods, so Lillian hits a little too close to home for them.

Not really. Carol Kane is a terrible actress who can't form a sentence without sounding like she has a speech impediment. And her story lines aren't funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

PT6A posted:

Apparently lots of people are pretty sheltered and have trouble understanding accents and dialects of English they're not familiar with. That's excusable if you speak English as a second language, but otherwise: really???

I have lived in New York and have friends from New York. None of them talk like her. The way she pronounces words is really strange.

• Locked thread