Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
This is a good show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
This is a show I cannot multitask to.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

drunken officeparty posted:

I am questioning my ability to even enjoy the new season because he is loving terrible at this point. And I'm only on episode 3. Ep2 with the dumb unfunny music videos almost made me just shut it off and not watch the rest.

How dare you insult Queen Bey by not irrationally loving anything tangentially connected to Her. Y'all don't know what it's like, fam.

(I have no idea what it's like to be a megarich person, no.)

PostNouveau posted:

I had to turn on the closed captioning to understand Lillian.

She sounds perfectly cromulent.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
A lot of the shots with people speaking and the back of their heads don't match up.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I think that you can only get so much mileage out of the "I've been trapped in a bunker for fifteen years what are iPhones" bit.

It makes sense to give the other characters more screen time, it actually protects Kimmy from getting stale.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
All the characters on this show are broken in one way or another, except Kimmy.

CelestialScribe posted:

Does she have a speech impediment? I'm seriously asking. Her method of talking is really really strange.

The character is from New York. That's one of the accents they have there.

Lillian is delightful.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

CelestialScribe posted:

Yeah not really. I haven't seen anyone pronounce words so badly.

Just go to New York and hang out a while. As long as it takes.

twistedmentat posted:

The way some people online are talking, I should trade in all my progressive cred and start wearing a MAGA hat and read Briebart becuase I enjoy this season. Holy poo poo people are taking issue with everything, calling the show racist, and anti-woman, pro-rape and so on.

Holy poo poo, has progressives become incredibly humorless or is it just the people I know? Like Kimmy the feminist, the whole joke is these kids have these high minded and correct beliefs and ideals, but they still kids and will do dumb poo poo. Kid who calls his mom after rejecting isn't a "consent is for whiny millennials" but "this guy is a baby"" . Drunk as poo poo Xan was adorable. Everyone is completely over the top and turned up to 11, not unlike the Simpsons so everyones ridiculous. Maybe I'm just old and don't get the kids these days.

I think pretty much everyone from 30 rock save Kennith and Jack was on this season.

Omg Ray Liotta with a Bodega cat!!!

Yeah, people from the Internet never overreact, huh?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe she's like Stallone and people are making fun of a remarkable overcoming of a physical defect.

Or she sounds like she's from New York.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Oh snap!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

CelestialScribe posted:

Not really. Carol Kane is a terrible actress who can't form a sentence without sounding like she has a speech impediment. And her story lines aren't funny.

She's from New Yawk and she's hi-larious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Seriously, Lillian is fine. She slurs her words like some people overenunciate whilst gentrifying.

• Locked thread