Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Neon Noodle posted:

e: ^^^ That's interesting, my knowledge of this is pretty out of date lately.

IME "Native American" is almost exclusively used by (liberal) white people to refer to indigenous nations; a surprising number of folks refer to themselves as Indians. "NDN" is the new woke hotness, apparently.

I had to do some research regarding the Bureau of Indian Affairs recently and I was very surprised how much "Indian" came up in text written by Native Americans. I also learned Alaskans are always Alaska Natives, but somehow that didn't surprise me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Dmitri-9 posted:

No one said she was fat just that she had terrible taste in clothing and was a junk food addict. People said she was pretty as a model in Cleveland.

These words came out of Jack "the Master Baiter" Donaghy: Technically, you're a catch. You've got money, status, naturally thick hair, a decent set.

If Jack was saying she was a catch, then she probably is. Just has poor taste in shoes and probably should eat less night cheese

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

Maybe they don't make a big deal about her being overweight but "Liz is unappealing" is a constant source of jokes throughout her series run (hot pants episode?) and I just never ever bought it.

Unappealing because she's a slob, which is true because she is, not for other reasons.

For instance, when she taped her bra together, had food in her hair, or wore those overalls.

• Locked thread