Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Thundercracker posted:

I just read a synopsis of 8th edition on 1D4chan. Is it me or is it just shuffling chairs on the titanic? Rules wise there doesn't seem to be any coherent design philosophy. Instead it seems just to be reheating past elements they already discarded.

A lot of people felt this way when they started talking about Overwatch coming back and early descriptions of close combat sounding an awful lot like 2e/Necromunda. I think the game plays differently than those early descriptions though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
But apparently nids are good again.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
At least I was finally able to offload my termaguants.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
The guys at my FLGS are pretty upset to hear Spartan is going under. They'd actually managed to get a decent number of plays (by our standards) playing DW and you could regularly see a game being played on the weekends. We've been joking with with the owner that he should just buy the molds himself since it's gotta be pretty cheap to produce models in Thailand if the molds are already finished.

I guess Tor went down this weekend too? I didn't know anything about those guys.

LordAba posted:

Not really. The monsters are suffering, and without lascannon/melta they do suffer heavily against mid/heavy tanks.
Though if you play them with heaps of infantry and mindlessly try to get everything you have in your opponents face they do fine.

All I can go by is what my friend in Myanmar says. But I'm guessing the local meta in Myanmar is a bit different than the rest of the planet since it's going to be based around what models people can get on the secondary market.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I think you will find that all games and game companies are bad.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Spiderdrake posted:

Is this archon studios kickstarter a scam or what

I doubt it's a scam, but it's a big step up for the company. One of the things that puts me off is when they set the target number super low, in this case only $5000 and then have the stretch goals mapped out. That tells me that the stretch goals are the actual target numbers for the kickstarter but they were too nervous to go that high for fear of not getting any funding at all. But they've delivered on past kickstarters apparently so it might end up being fine.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I've played Kings of War recently and it was good.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I also played Dropfleet and then another guy liked it and we both bought fleets but he decided to cancel his order and now I have a small fleet and no one else does and I'm sad.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

TTerrible posted:

Same, except an Admiral pledge worth.

I'll probably have to buy a second small fleet just so I can run mini games of it.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
To me it reads like the Cryx tournament players stumbled upon a combo in the playtesting and didn't publicize it and then when the rules were made official they went hog wild.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Deep down I wish I had a complete 2e 40k starter set.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

TTerrible posted:

I've got one, just missing the two marine squads. All orks, terrain and cardboard dread present.

Do I even want to know what shipping to SEA would be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

TTerrible posted:

I didn't say it was for sale :smuggo:

If you ever find yourself in London, UK you can play Orks :unsmith:

Oh yeah, maybe I will. :colbert: Assuming you have beer of course. Lots of it. Like, all of it. Cuz I'm going to drink it all.

• Locked thread