Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Oh cool the Death thread is back!

I hope this iteration has more interesting discussions and gossip from the industry and less "no YOU" and (un)ironic "GW is cool and good" to troll the "hug box".

Corvus Belli:
A Spanish company with a sci-fi skirmish game that launched its third edition some two (?) years ago. The rules and web based army builder is free, with background books and physical copies of the rules available to buy. Money is made by selling relatively expensive models that you don't need that many of (technically). Model count is 10-20, but most players have a lot more because we like versatility and the models are pretty. No silly heroic scale. Comes with a robust tournament system that is updated each season (year) with new missions and tweaks to old ones. Very objective based, meaning you can lose your entire army and still win the game, black ops style. Has some game mechanics (order resource pool, Automatic Reaction Orders) and A LOT of special rules that takes some time to master even for veteran war gamers even though the core rules are very logical.

Notable games: Infinity. Has a sci-fi RPG spin-of and a board game spin-of that is going to be launched in June this year.

Boneheaded move:
They keep putting out new profiles and models no one asked for, even though they are far behind in the production of models that have had rules for years.
Many of their female models have a certain "cheesecake" feel to them, with a lot of T&A (the worst part of the manga inspiration).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

tallkidwithglasses posted:

No, but it's still ok to be weirdly mad about them for years on end with your internet buddies, if that's your thing.

Is it ok to follow the drama and make fun of the game writers and community in the same way one would make fun of reality show participants?

A friend of mine from the club that came over last night for an infinity game told me about his forays into AoS.

Apparently there is a tzeentch (auto correct changed "tzeentch" into "recent change" :aaa: ) daemon list that just has shooty horrors that literally sit on the table edge. Because of the way tlos works, players are expected to just not being able to hide anywhere.

Also, please tell me about the "skryre fire" list :allears:

Not a viking fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 25, 2017

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Expecting the players to fix the problems that the game makers have created seem to be a common theme amongst defenders of GW games.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

The Bee posted:

I mean, terrain's an actual fundamental part of the game that players are expected to put down, right? I think that's a bit different of a situation than expecting players to shame others for totally rules-legal methods.

How many war gaming forests have you seen that actually block line of sight? How about hills that block los to anything taller than a goblin?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

I didn't even know MtG had lore except the blurbs on the card :v:

• Locked thread