Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

TTerrible posted:

GW is insanely good.

GW is good, FW is evil. The world has turned on its head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

TTerrible posted:

When was FW declared evil? I am not up to date friend.

It was last night, we must've been late in delivering the memo.

Actually in all honesty they're not evil just massively incompetent when it comes to rules. Not just in terms of releasing models with broken ones but some of the updated rules for 8th edition for older models just plain don't work or are either incredibly overpowered or completely pointless to ever bring for any reason.

The main one that people tend to bring up is the Tau flyer that stops being able to shoot its guns in 8th. Not "isn't as good at shooting" or "can only shoot in certain circumstances" but just can't fire its guns as the rules are written.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

TTerrible posted:

This is the FW gospel as it has always been known. The rules not working are part of the experience. You are now forced to sweeping advance.

Can I advance into a competitor's store?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

You know that does make me wonder, what are some good budget alternatives (if you aren't collecting the armies Mantic has on offer) for 40K models? Good as in "probably won't get you thrown out of a store"

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah it's really not hard to get the community itself to help run events, police the crowd, etc. and you can schedule specific times for Magic play and reserve time for other games. You can foster an environment in your store that does not tolerate gross behavior and reserves space for non-Magic players.

I have so far not seen this. I mean I believe you in that doing those things may be possible but I don't think it is as easy as you make it out to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

tallkidwithglasses posted:

A bunch of people at FW have died recently too- Bligh was the most recent but a car full of their designers crashed a year or two ago which contributed to Infernos delay. Honestly, I can't blame their release schedule at this point.

Turns out FW aren't the evil ones, I am :(

I mean yes their rules were awful years back too, but still.

• Locked thread